Sennheiser - MK8 - Large Multi Pattern Condensor Studio Microphone
Professional quality dual-diaphragm condenser microphone with five independant polar patterns for advanced home and studio recording. Two 1’’ diaphragms deliver warm and precise sound.
The MK 8 offers a great solution for advanced home recording applications and project studios alike. It is the microphone for people who pour all of their passion into their audio projects. The MK 8 offers sophisticated options to sign off your sound with your own personal handwriting. The dual-diaphragm condenser microphone delivers warm and precise sound reproduction. Its five independent polar patters allow for a multitude of recording applications and sound design options.
No matter which mixing desk or recording device is used, the MK 8 matches the input sensitivity with a 3-step attenuator. Two adjustable filters compensate for the proximity effect as well as low frequency rumble or structure born noise.
The MK 8 has dual one-inch diaphragms precisely spattered with 24-carat gold. The shock-mounted capsule is accommodated within a sturdy metal housing.
The MK 8. Pride in Sound - Made in Germany.
Dual-diaphragm true condenser microphone
Five switchable polar patterns
3-position switchable low cut/roll-off filter
3-position pad switch
Two 24-carat gold plated 1” diaphragms
Rugged metal housing
Safely sheltered electronics
Designed and made in Germany
- Dimensions 160 x 57 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Transducer principle externally polarised condenser microphone, 1‘‘ diaphragm
- Weight 485 g
- Pick-up pattern Switchable: omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Nominal impedance 50 Ohms
- Min. terminating impedance 1000 Ohms
- Storage temperature -20°C to 60°C
- Operating temperature 0°C to +40°C
- AF sensitivity 14,1 mV /-37 dB dBV
- Equivalent noise level 10 dB(A)
- Maximum sound pressure level (passiv) 142 dB SPL (Dämpfung 0 dB)
- Power supply 48 V phantom powering (P48)
- Current consumption 4,1 mA
- Dynamic range 132 dB
- Low-cut filter Switchable: Low cut: 60 Hz, -18dB/Octave / Roll off: 100 Hz, -6dB/Octave
- Pre-emphasis Switchable: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB