Increase VHD input gain and the Variable Harmonic Drive process introduces either 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion or a blend of the two to your source material. At lower gain settings it adds gentle valve-style warmth or a touch of transistor edge. As the gain is increased the more extreme the distortion becomes, until at high gain settings it delivers fierce trashy transistoresque grunge.
The VHD+ Pre module gives the user ultimate versatility from a studio grade preamp. Whether it's ultra-clean traditional SSL, subtle warming or totally trashy transistor distortion, VHD will change your expectations of what a preamplifier should deliver.
- SSL SuperAnalogueTM grade preamp
- 2nd order harmonics (valve warmth to extreme distortion)
- 3rd order harmonics (transistor edge to totally trashed)
- Absolute control via 2nd and 3rd order harmonic blend
- Variable Harmonic Drive (VHD) in/out switch
- Switch-able LF Filter
- +48V phantom power
- Phase invert switch
- PAD switch
- Hi-Z switch
Write Your Own Review