The Equinox is an expansive tone shaping tool inspired by studio equalizers of the past. Spaceman has thoughtfully analyzed these classic circuits to lovingly craft a modest form factor, instrument level focused design. The core circuit features an abundance of irregular options that have rarely been applied to traditional stompbox EQs. The atypical multi-band configuration, with custom filter ranges, are capable of complex and interactive frequency responses. Discrete high-headroom input and output stages make it suited to handle a variety of input sources, while providing tons of warm vintage character.
The Equinox is divided up into 3 sections: One LO band, with BOOST and CUT capabilities, one HI CUT band, and one HI BOOST band. The LO band, and HI CUT band are first order filters, while the HI BOOST band is a second order filter. A number of cool tricks can be accomplished by carefully mixing the various cut and boost parameters. For example, using both the CUT and BOOST parameters of the LO band can create large scoops or shelves similar to using 2 sections of a parametric EQ giving you a tight, focused, yet thunderous bass response. By exploring these interactions one can realize a plethora of frequency rolloff shapes to surgically alter your signal source in exciting and dynamic ways. Placing the Equinox at different spots in your chain gives you the ability to tweak your sonic soundscape as subtly or as dramatically as you like.
- Studio quality EQ made explicitly for instrument level signals
- Dedicated Cut and Boost bands with interleaving center frequencies
- Discrete design with hand soldered through-hole construction
- High headroom 18V operation
- Well suited to guitar, bass, keyboard, and any instrument you can throw at it
- The Comet Edition Equinox is limited to 222 units, and features a hand hammered nameplate and signed documentation.
TRULY HAND CRAFTED
Hand-wired and built in Portland, Oregon, the Equinox features mechanical true-bypass switching with a heavy-duty latching footswitch. On top of the cast-aluminum enclosure sits a durable, engraved vinyl faceplate and jewel indicator light. This pedal is built to last a lifetime, both on Earth or in the vacuum of space.
- Width: 5.72 inches / 145 mm
- Depth: 4.77 inches / 121 mm
- Height: 2.24 inches / 57 mm
- Weight: 17 ounces
- Input Resistance: 500K Ohm
- Bypass Current Draw: 2mA
- Engaged Current Draw: 4mA
- Input Voltage: 18V DC, negative center via the 2.1mm jack