The TASCAM DR-10L is an ultra-compact, incredibly convenient digital recorder/lavalier microphone combo. For added flexibility, the included wired lavalier microphone is affixed via a 1/8" screw-down lock connector compatible with most Sennheiser lavalier mics and mics with the same connector.
A dedicated lavalier microphone is included that is a perfect match with the recorder. The lavalier microphone captures a wide range of sound levels with a sensitivity of -42dBV/Pa, and 115dB SPL maximum input sound pressure. A few settings on the simple panel are needed to start recording, and the screw lock connection is always secure.
Long Battery Life With a Single AAA Battery
The DR-10L is powered by a AAA battery that runs approximately 10 hours (with alkaline battery*) and provides all-day-long performance with minimal concern for changing out the battery.
iZotope RX Elements Bundle
The DR-10L is bundled with a free full version of RX Elements, iZotope’s groundbreaking audio repair and noise reduction tool. The DR-10L/RX Elements bundle offers a powerful recording and editing workflow solution to live productions where ambient noise and environmental distractions are common post-production challenges, including weddings, on-location films, and documentaries, to name a few.
Multiple Functions, Including Dual-recording for Simultaneously Creating a Safety Track at a Lower dB Level
Many times, there is only one chance to capture the desired audio. DR-10L has functions to prevent issues related to recording level settings, including a dual recording function that allows you to set the recording level as high as possible while simultaneously recording a backup track at a lower level.
The unit has five different gain levels in addition to an automatic gain control function. There is also a limiter function.
Linear PCM recorder with high-quality audio
Designed to capture high-quality audio at 44.1kHz/48kHz, 16/24-bit. Perfect for television, film and stage performances - as well as lectures and other professional recording applications. Records in WAV/BWF recording format, selectable from mono or poly (stereo file with the same data on both left and right channels).
Also, file name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date.
OLED Display With High Visibility for Better Operation
You can check the battery level, recording status, and level meter on the easy-to-read organic EL display. Because of this the DR-10L does not need LED lights that can be seen during production, especially in dark environments.
Headphone Output Enables Input Monitoring
Even though this unit is compact, it can play back recorded files. You can also connect headphones to check recorded data right away, and to monitor the input during recording.
Features at a glance
- 44.1kHz/48kHz, 16/24-bit WAV(BWF) and MP3 (128k/192k bps) mono/poly recording
- Lavalier microphone with microphone clip and windscreen included (cable length: 160cm)
- Dual recording function
- Low-cut filter
- Automatic file closing function to prevent the loss of already recorded data
- Sliding record switch and hold function to prevent unintended operation during recording
- Automatic level function
- Easy-to-read organic EL display
- Records at least 10 hours on a single AAA battery * using alkaline batteries (EVOLTA)
- Headphone output
- Media: microSD/SDHC cards (supports 32GB capacities)
- Beep function for low battery and SD card notification
- Compatible with Sennheiser lavalier mics and mics with the same connector pinouts (Tip: Mic, Ring: Line, Sleeve: GND)
- Time track incrementing function can create new files at regular intervals (about every 15 minutes) during recording
- Micro USB B port enables easy data exchange with computers
- Low/Mid Low/Mid/High/High plus recording level settings
- Unit settings can be created as a computer text file
- Belt clip included
- Custom case for storing the unit and accessories included
- Includes iZotope RX Elements audio production editing software
- Lavalier microphone
- Microphone clip and windscreen
- USB cable (A type-micro B type)
- Belt clip Custom pouch for storing the unit and accessories included
- Recording media: microSD card (64MB to 2GB),
- microSDHC card (4GB to 32GB)
- Media discharging: Push-Push type (Guard cover mounted)
- Recording format:
- WAV: 44.1k/48k Hz, 16/24-bit mono/poly WAV (BWF format)
- WAV: 44.1k/48k Hz, 16/24-bit mono/poly (BWF format)
- MP3: 44.1k/48k Hz, 24-bit mono/poly
- Recording: 128k/192k bps
- Playback: 32k to 320k bps
- Analog audio Inputs
- Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS jack with screw lock
- Microphone sensitivity: –42dBV/Pa
- Maximum input sound pressure: 115dB SPL
- Maximum input level: –15dBu (Gain L)
- Minimum input level: –55dBu (Gain H+)
- MIC input gain: +14dB to +38dB
- Input impedance: 33kΩ (Mic bias off)/ 2kΩ (Mic bias on)
- Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack (Dual Mono Output)
- Connector: Micro-B type 4pin
- Protocol: USB2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class
- Power 1: AAA battery (Alkaline battery/ Ni-MH battery / Lithium battery),
- USB bus power
- Power consumption: 0.45W
- Battery operation time: WAV, 48kHz, 24-bit Rec, without headphones,
- limiter: OFF , Dual Rec: OFF, JEITA Rec
*All times are approximate.
- Alkaline battery: (EVOLTA): 10 hours
- Ni-MH battery (eneloop): 8 hours
- lithium battery (Energizer ULTIMATE LITHIUM): 15.5 hours
- Battery (RTC): Lithium × 1(built in with soldering)
- Dimensions (W×:H×D): 2.05" × 2.19" × 0.96" / 52 × 55.6 × 24.4 mm
- Weight: 2.2 oz. / 63 g (including battery)
1.8 oz. / 51g (excluding battery)
- Operating temperature: 32˚F to 104˚F / 0˚C to 40˚C
- Accessories: Lavalier microphone with microphone clip and windscreen, USB cable (A type-micro B type), Belt clip, Custom case for storing the unit and accessories included, Owner’s manual (including warranty)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 22kHz +1/–2dB (IN to PHONES)
- Distortion: 0.05% (1kHz sine wave, at maximum input level, IN to PHONES)
- S/N ratio: 88dB or higher (PHONES volume max, MIC GAIN L selected, IN to PHONES)