Taurus Dexter Mk2 Polyphonic Octaver Guitar Effects Pedal
Taurus-Dexter Mk-2 is an octaver which enables polyphonic transposition of sound up and down an octave. Both octaves can be freely mixed with instrument signal. You can use only upper or lower octave or both at the same time. Polyphony is built by a high-quality 24-bit DSP. The octaver is equipped with regulators of both octaves, which means that you can easily shape the sound of an instrument. With the use of the regulators you can eliminate unwanted tones, which may sometimes appear in octaves and e.g. blur the sound or change the sound of an instrument too much. It turns out that wideband audio processing by an octaver might be undesirable in some situations. This is why the regulators prove to be very useful by allowing a player to create the right sound.
The DEXTER Mk-2 is a polyphonic OCTAVER which allows transposing an original note of one octave up and down. Both octaves can be used separately, mixed together as well as mixed with the original notes.
The 24-bit high quality DSP is responsible for polyphony of the effect. Each octave is controlled by two potentiometers ( Level & Range) which gives great flexibility in sound creating process. Thanks to them, unwanted tones which sometimes occurs in octaves can be eliminated e.g. blurred clarity of sound or extensively altered sound of the instrument.
In practice it turns out that broadband signal processing by OCTAVER in certain situations may be unwanted. Using bandwidth range potentiometers gives great flexibility and freedom in shaping a texture of the instrument’s sound.
Taurus is made by musicians for musicians. It's been our philosophy to provide you with the best possible quality, fully professional, superior musical equipment. While designing this device we've taken in consideration that it requires more than just selecting the correct parameters, best components and hand crafting to achieve the perfect balance between technology and sound. Our very close collaboration with musicians has helped us to design and manufacture high quality equipment which will exceed your expectations and needs. We at Taurus, extend our gratitude and wish you great musical experience, sonic adventures and explorations with our gear which will become your faithful companion.
- LEVEL (-) LO-octave level adjustment
- DRY LEVEL dry signal level adjustment
- LEVEL (+) HI-octave level adjustment
- RANGE (-) Adjustment of the lower octave's scope. In MAX position the lower octave operates throughout the entire bandwidth and responds to a whole range of sound. In MIN position the lowest bandwidth is limited which makes a lower octave response less effective to the scale of lowest notes. This way the lowest band sound that is illegible and blurs the sound of the instrument when playing in the lower registers are eliminated , leaving only the harmonics that are desirable. Adjustment of the lower octave's scope. In MAX position the lower octave operates throughout the entire bandwidth and responds to a whole range of sound. In MIN position the lowest bandwidth is limited which makes a lower octave response less effective to the scale of lowest notes. This way the lowest band sound that is illegible and blurs the sound of the instrument when playing in the lower registers are eliminated , leaving only the harmonics that are desirable.
- RANGE (+) Adjustment of the upper octave's scope. In MAX position of the upper octave operates throughout the entire bandwidth and effects whole range of sound. In MIN position highest bandwidth for the upper octave is limited . This way the very high tones which after processing in the upper octave may sound too high and give an artificial character of some instruments are eliminated.
- POWER SUPPLY VOLTAGE RANGE 9-12V: any power supply with power rating between 9 and 12V can be used (minimum current 500mA).
- POLARITY AUTO DETECTION: allows using either centre-positive or negative polarity on power supply, (any power supply with different polarity can be used).
- DC ASSISTANT: protection against signal loss. If disconnected or the voltage is lower then 6V the effect is automatically switched to the " bypass " mode.
- DIMENSIONS: (H x W x D) 65 x 96 x 144mm
- WEIGHT: 0,5kg