TK Audio M/S Blender 500 2-Slot 500-Series Stereo Mid-Side Blender Module
The new M/S Blender 500 is a multi functional parallel processing tool. A dual mono blender, a stereo blender and a M/S encoder/decoder in one.
The new M/S Blender 500 is a multi functional parallel processing tool. A dual mono blender, a stereo blender and a M/S en- coder/decoder. In standard mode the unit acts like two individual mono blenders. If you activate the link function the left blend knob will control both channels for easier blend of stereo signals. In M/S mode the left/right sends will be encoded into mid/ side sends and the returns will be decoded back to left/right before the blend control(s). A cue function is also provided so that you can monitor the left, right, mid or side signal (to cue the mid or side signal the M/S function need to be activated.) The cued signal will be sent to both main outputs. All inputs and outputs are electronically balanced and can handle signals up to +26dBu.
Parallel processing can help you get more energy on tracks like bass, vocal and guitars by blending in compression. It can also give you more punch in a mix by blending in a compressed signal. With parallel compression you will keep the transients from the direct signal while you blend in compressed signal for more energy. It’s also very useful for blending in signals from distortion, saturation and overdrive units. The M/S Blender 500 can also be used as a M/S encoder/decoder for the inserted processor(s), you don’t need to use stereo units for M/S processing, you can use separate units for mid and side processing. When you work in M/S mode the mid and side signal will be processed separately which can help you get a more focused mid, adding some air to the sides at the same time. By altering the side signal level you can control the width of the mix.
- Blend controls: from dry to wet in 41 steps
- In L/S and In R/M: activates respective channels
- Link: Left/Mid channel In switch and Blend knob controls both channels
- Cue sw:
- L/M and R/S Out XLR: balanced send jacks
- L/M and R/S In XLR: balanced return jacks
- Power requirement: +130 / -60mA
- Frequency response: 20Hz-80kHz +/-0dB
- THD+N @ 1kHz: less than 0,0004% (blend)
- THD+N @ 1kHz: less than 0,0006% (M/S)
- Dynamic headroom: 124dB (119dB M/S)
- Signal to noise ratio: 97dB @ 0dBu
- Signal to noise ratio with M/S activated: 92dB @ 0dBu
- Input impedance: 24kohm
- Output impedance: 70ohm
- Max input level: +26dBu
- Max output level: +26dBu