Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB DUO Heritage Edition 10x6 USB Audio Interface with UAD DSP for Windows
Superior Desktop Audio Conversion with Classic Analog Sound for Windows.
With its class-leading resolution and Realtime UAD Processing, Apollo Twin USB sets a new standard for desktop music production.
This 2x6 USB 3 interface for Windows allows you to record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — ingeniously merging classic analog tones with cutting-edge features.
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion — as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Use alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and UAD-2 Satellite USB for truly scalable mixing power
- Mix with UAD plug-ins like the included Teletronix® LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec® EQs, and 610-B Preamp
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve,® API,® Manley® and more using Unison™ technology†
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, SSL, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo Twin features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, SSL, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo Twin USB provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classic plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. In designing the next-generation Apollo range, UA engineers started with an obsessive auditioning of the latest A/D and D/A converters, ultimately pairing the selected 24-bit/192kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for the optimal signal path. Apollo Twin provides increased dynamic range and lower THD versus other interfaces — rivaling dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record landmark albums by Kendrick Lamar (DAMN.), Chris Stapleton (From A Room: Volume 1), Arcade Fire (Everything Now), Post Malone (Beerbongs & Bentleys), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music, and Electronic Musician — as well as the prestigious TEC Award for computer audio hardware five years running.
FREE Included Plugins
Analog Classics Plus Bundle
- UA 610-B
- UA 1176LN (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE (Legacy)
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic
- Marshall Plexi Classic
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Raw Distortion
- RealVerb Pro
Heritage Edition Plugin Bundle
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
The LA-2A is the first-choice compressor for sublime optical tube compression. This collection gives you three landmark plug‑in versions of the classic Teletronix LA-2A hardware, perfect for smooth dynamics control of vocals, bass, drums and more.
Pultec Passive EQ Collection
Pultec passive tube-based equalizers are the gold standard in warm, musical equalization. This collection gives you all three Pultec equalizers with their uncanny boosting and tightening effects — especially ideal on vocals, bass guitar, and kick drums.
1176 Classic Limiter Collection
The 1176 is many producers' “desert island" compressor — adding its signature character and ultra-fast FET limiting to create punchy drums, platinum-sounding vocals, and fat bass, guitar, and keyboard tracks. This Collection gives you access to three distinct 1176 emulations, and is widely regarded as the world's most authentic 1176 plug‑in collection.
Pure Plate Reverb
Easily add natural depth and shimmer with UA's renowned plate reverb modeling. Pure Plate Reverb lets you quickly harness the organic sound of this classic effect on vocals, guitars, strings, and synths, giving you a lush, satisfying space that gently flatters any source.
UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
UA's iconic 610 tube preamps offer rich harmonic detail and warmth, making everything they touch feel instantly "classic." The Unison-enabled 610-A and 610-B models in this collection let you craft vocal, guitar, and bass tracks with the presence, warmth, and body heard on records ranging from Ray Charles to Arcade Fire to Van Halen.
- Desktop 2x6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- USB 3 connection for easy connectivity on Windows-based recording systems
- Two premium mic/line preamps; Two line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphones output
- Two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to eight channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX64 in all major DAWs
- Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- Available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port*
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) are not recommended
- USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 expansion cards) are not tested for Apollo Twin USB or UAD-2 Satellite USB connections