Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is a powerhouse DSP accelerator that gives Mac and Windows 10 users complete access to the world’s most detailed and authentic analog emulation plug-ins, available exclusively on the UAD platform.
Bolstered by next-generation connectivity, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 lets you run large professional mixes with the rich analog character of award-winning UA-developed plug-ins, including exclusive titles from Neve, Fender, Lexicon, Studer, and many more. Plus, it’s backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 UA devices.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on compatible Thunderbolt Mac or Windows 10 systems
- Get a massive DSP boost for powering large professional mixes
- Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex,® Lexicon,® Helios,® Studer,® Neve,® Manley,® Capitol Studios,® API, and more
- Start mixing right away with the included Analog Classics Plus plug‑in bundle
- Get the sound of a professional analog studio “on the road,” courtesy of UAD plug‑ins
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Thunderbolt-equipped Satellites and UA Audio Interfaces
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 15 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 100 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Powerful, Expandable Processing
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-equipped UA Audio Interfaces, including Arrow, Apollo Twin, and Apollo X interfaces for truly scalable mixing power.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s acclaimed engineers undertake intensive physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky behavior of the most prized analog hardware in existence, bringing you rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box.”
Upgrade to the Ultimate Collection of UAD Plug‑Ins
UAD Accelerators include a suite of plug-ins right out of the box, with Teletronix® LA‑2A and UA 1176 compressors, Pultec® EQs, and more. Upgrade to the UAD Ultimate Bundle to get a fully-stocked analog studio at huge savings, with over 100 exclusive titles from Neve,® Ampex,® Lexicon,® SSL,® Fender,® and more.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt 3 on modern Mac and Windows 10 systems (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 devices)
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Helios, and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other Thunderbolt-equipped UAD-2 devices including PCIe card(s), UA Audio Interfaces, and additional Satellites
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Also available with Custom software packages featuring user-selectable plug-ins
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible plug-in host DAW software
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina, or 11 Big Sur
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)