For Eons, man has thought the sound of thunder to be from the heavens above, echoing boastfully over us as we stay safe from its greatness. However, legend tells of a stoic and indomitable beast residing in the highest mountains seen and heard only by the most brash of travelers. With gnarled and twisted horns, this creature emits a sound thicker than Earth's crust to command attention and warn all who stand in his way. This is Eons.
Eons is a five-state fuzz capable of massively thick sounds ready to test the limits of any amp's grill cloth. Use the Voltage (lightning bolt) knob to crank up to 18 volts into the pedal's circuit for massive, open fuzz sounds, or choose to starve it down to 3 volts for spatty, gated fuzz. Experiment with the Voltage and Mode knobs for nearly endless styles of fuzz tones. Find vintage-inspired sounds emanating from the stages of Woodstock to chaotic three-chord punk rock. Eons is ready for a fight.
The Eons features a five-position rotary knob that offers the following clipping configurations. Think of them as different "flavors" of the pedal:
- Silicon clipping traditional fuzz that's well rounded with a huge sound; compressed and smooth.
- Silicon clipping with an added bass boost that boosts the low end at the beginning of the circuit; compressed and crunchy.
- Germanium clipping with a feel of "what if a distortion and fuzz had a kid?"; crunchy and dynamic.
- LED clipping diodes with a slight high-end cut; dynamically dark.
- Hard clipping silicon transistors combined with LED and Silicon soft clipping diodes. The rowdiest of the modes with tons of gain: compressed, loud, and angry.
- The Eons comes in a sandy tan enclosure color with red, cream and black ink. Artwork features a stoic four horned, Markhor goat illustrated by Adam Forster.
- 9V DC, center negative, 100mA min – 2.62 x 4.77 x 2.25 inches including knobs.
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals.
Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended.
- Power supply not included.