For the Fundamental Series, we challenged ourselves to design a set of pedals with the tonal integrity that’s required to live on a professional’s pedalboard, but with simplified controls friendly enough for even the newest effect pedal users. Each Fundamental pedal has three faders for tweaking the sound and a three-way switch for changing pedal modes. The result is a line of pedals that will keep you covered from your first band practice all the way to a sold-out arena. Designed and assembled at Walrus Audio headquarters in OKC, OK.
The Fundamental Drive is a versatile overdrive that allows for a wide range of tones thanks to its three-mode switch. This is the perfect tool at the front of your chain to set the tone for your whole rig.
The Gain slider sets the amount of gain applied to your guitar signal passing through the overdrive circuit.
The Tone slider controls the amount of high-frequency level reduction.
The Volume slider sets the overall output volume of the pedal.
The slide switch allows you to change between three distinct flavors of the pedal. Each position has different clipping modes or tone profiles.
- Smooth: A classic soft-clipping silicon overdrive. Clean and smooth.
- Crunch: Silicon soft clipping with added hard clipping silicon diodes and a slight low-end boost. Crunchy and edgy.
- Bright: Silicon soft and hard clipping from the Crunch mode with a pre-clipping low-end cut. Bright and glassy.
- The diecast enclosure’s exact size is 4.33" x 2.16" x 1.61”.
- Power requirements are 9VDC (100mA minimum).
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals.
- Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended. Power supply not included.