For the Fundamental Series, we challenged ourselves to design a set of pedals with the tonal integrity that’s required to live on a professional’s pedalboard, but with simplified controls friendly enough for even the newest effect pedal users. Each Fundamental pedal has three faders for tweaking the sound and a three-way switch for changing pedal modes. The result is a line of pedals that will keep you covered from your first band practice all the way to a sold-out arena. Designed and assembled at Walrus Audio headquarters in OKC, OK.
The Fundamental Fuzz is a three-mode aggressive fuzz pedal with a wide tonal range. It can live anywhere in your chain: hit it with your favorite overdrive or push it into another crazy distortion.
The Gain slider sets the amount of gain applied to your guitar signal passing through the fuzz circuit.
The Tone slider controls the signal's frequency response after distortion. Left of center cuts highs and right of center cuts lows.
The Volume slider sets the overall output volume of the pedal.
The slide switch allows you to change between three distinct different flavors of the pedal. Each position has different clipping modes or tone profiles.
- Gate: Lowers bias voltage in the main fuzz section, creating a gated and starved sound. Note: Changing the bias lowers the overall level of the pedal compared to the other modes. With plenty of gain on tap, use the Volume slider to compensate.
- Classic: Screaming fuzz with an iconic mid scoop, give you a compressed and crunchy sound.
- Mid+: Adds mid boost to flatten out the tone stage, resulting in a compressed but rich and full sound.
- The Fuzz comes in a Black finish with light-orange and off-white ink.
- The diecast enclosure’s exact size is 4.33" x 2.16" x 1.61”.
- Power requirements are 9VDC (100mA minimum).
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals.
- Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended. Power supply not included.