Warm Audio WA-47jr FET Condenser Microphone
Like Father. Like Son.
The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic ‘47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability that allows the most important sonic piece of the classic mic to be heard and influence the tone and signature of the WA-47jr. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true '47 style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag. The WA-47jr utilizes the same k47 style capsule found in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone.
The WA-47jr circuit uses high quality Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernized and more simple than the classic ‘47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch, and have a sound quality and tone that punches far above anything we’ve ever heard in this price range. We at Warm Audio are very excited to bring this ‘47 style FET condenser microphone and classic tone to the market at such an affordable price. We feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47jr.
Quality components make a better mic.
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage part. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path then paired with an excellent true '47 style capsule allows this mic to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone at a much lower price tag.
Microphone, Shockmount, Hardmount, Zipper storage pouch.
3 Polar Patterns
- Cardiod, Figure-Of-Eight & Omnidirectional
High Pass Filter
- A 70hz high pass filter is available for reducing rumble and other subsonic information.
- A -10dB pad switch is available on the WA-47jr. The pad exists internally within the active circuitry.
Mogami Gold Studio XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable - 6 ft
The Gold Series uses selected Mogami Neglex "Studio Quad" Oxygen Free Copper cable. This 4-conductor cable actually cancels noise caused by poor ground planes and high RF or electromagnetic fields. The ultra-low-noise spiral shield is the most densely wound available. All this engineering helps cure many of the problems encountered in a project or home studio, creating a much quieter recording environment with vastly improved Dynamic Range.
- Wired with Neglex Studio Quad
- Offers superior clarity and freedom from noise/RF interference
- Terminated with black body 3-pin XLR connectors and gold contacts
- Lifetime warranty
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive, and developmental harm. For more information, visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Warm Audio WA-47jr FET Condenser Microphone
- FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v.
- Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
- Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
- High-pass filter: 70Hz
- Pad: -10db
- Self-noise: 9dBA
- Dynamic range: 138dBA
- Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
- S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
- 48v phantom powered
- 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
- Nickel Plated
- Weight: 1.1 lbs
- Diameter: 52mm
- Length: 210mm