Featuring neck-through construction, the two-octave neck is built from maple and mahogany with an ebony fingerboard inlaid with figured abalone. Matching mother-of-pearl tuners complete the look. The unique BB body is made of maple and alder for a fat sound with plenty of definition. The BPZ-7 bridge features individual, machined saddles that provide precise intonation, a low profile, and an elegant look. The stacked Alnico humbuckers run through Yamaha's 5-control active electronics, which feature a custom 3-band EQ with a switchable mid-cut to provide sonic versatility for any situation.
5-Piece Neck Through design
The neck through design uses a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the maple on alder body.
Both the front and back of the bass body are contoured to provide players with a compact, well fitting instrument that offers greater playing comfort.
The stack type pickups are designed in collaboration with Nathan East. The Alnico V pickups include hum-canceling coils.
Individual Bridge Pieces
The bridge consists of Individual bridge pieces that reduce interference from other string vibration delivering a purer tone.
Active electronics include a special equalizer circuit based on Nathan East's "Magic Box." The circuit lets you cut off the selected mid frequency at the touch of a switch for precision sound tailoring.
- 1 : Pickup Balancer
- 2 : Master Volume
- 3 : Bass
- 4 : Middle
- 5 : Treble
- 6 : Mid Cut Frequency
- 7 : Mid Cut On/Off Switch
- Construction: Neck Through
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
- Body Materials: Maple / Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: Maple / Mahogany 5-Piece
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Materials: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 23-5/8" (600 mm)
- Fret Wire: Medium
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Materials: Bone
- Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 43 / 64.7 mm
- Thickness @ 1st Fret / 12th Fret: 20.3 / 23.7 mm
- Neck Pickup: Yamaha Custom Stack Type / Alnico V
- Middle Pickup: N/A
- Bridge Pickup : Yamaha Custom Stack Type / Alnico V
- Controls: Master Volume, P.U. Balancer, 3-Band EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble), Mid Cut Frequency Controls, Mid Cut On/Off Switch
- Pickup Switch: N/A
- Bridge: Yamaha Original Bridge
- String Spacing: 18 mm
- Tailpiece: N/A
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh GB72
- Pickguard: N/A
- String Gauge: D'Addario EXL170-5 / 0.045-0.130 (5 strings)
- Case: Hardshell Case