Premium mahogany construction and an ultra-musical active/passive preamp design deliver the flexibility and sheer tonal quality you need to sculpt the perfect sound.
- Sculpted, Solid Mahogany Body
- 5-Piece Maple/Mahogany Neck
- 2 YGD-designed H5 Alnico Humbucking Pickups
- Active Electronics w/Passive Switchability
The TRBX500 series features controls for master volume, balance, 3-band EQ and an active/passive switch for maximum flexibility
YGD-designed H5 pickups are defined by a clean, open tone perfectly matched with the flexibility of the active/passive preamp design. Its quad-polepiece design and Alnico magnets give them the power to drive the active circuit, and the sensitivity and subtlety to capture every nuance in passive mode.
Electronics (Active/Passive Selector, Battery Alert)
Featuring an audiophile-grade active/passive circuit for fine tonal control and extreme flexibility, the advanced design offers a level-matched output whether in passive or active and tone-switching circuitry mode, which seamlessly moves from treble control to master passive tone. High-quality, gold-plated parts are used for key signal chain contacts, providing increased conductivity and reliability, and an LED installed on the back panel gives instant indication of a low battery to prevent sudden power loss during performances.
Sculpted, solid mahogany body with a mass-optimized 3D design for the optimum balance of tone and comfort coupled with perfect weight distribution
Combines a fast, ultra-comfortable profile with 5-piece maple/mahogany, laminated construction for outstanding stability and excellent tone.
Precision-fitted, bolt-on neck joint for maximum adjustability and clear, punchy tone. Developed through hundreds of hours of play-testing, the refined neck joint shape perfectly balances strength, vibration transfer and upper-fret access.
Straight string pull, from nut to machine head, eliminates lateral tension for superior tuning stability and reduced overtones.
Nut widths, 38 mm (4-string) or 43 mm (5-string), provide fast, comfortable playability fit for any style.
A high-mass, die-cast bridge efficiently transfers string vibrations to the body for full, rich tone combined with excellent adjustability and road-tested durability. The 18 mm string spacing on the 5-string model offers outstanding playability for technical slap or finger styles.
Yamaha metal, plate-mounted standard jack sockets offer superior durability and easy maintenance.
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
- Body Materials: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: Maple/Mahogany 5-Piece
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10'' (250 mm)
- Fret wire: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Nut materials: Urea
- Neck Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 38.0 / 56.4 mm
- Thickness @1st Fret / 12th Fret: 19.5 / 21.5 mm
- Neck Pickup: Double Coil / Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: Double Coil / Alnico V
- Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ(Bass, Middle, Treble), Active/Pssive Switch.
- Bridge: Die-cast
- String spacing: 19mm
- Tuning Machines: Covered / Die-cast
- String gauge: D'Addario EXL170SL / 0.045-0.100