The Cortado MkIII is a rugged, versatile, easy-to-use contact mic that reveals the silent sounds hidden in the solid world around you. Rugged steel enclosures house the Cortado MkIII’s sensor and phantom-powered preamp circuit. The mic is equally useful for sound design, music recording, and venue sound reinforcement. The sensor head attaches easily to most surfaces with putty (included), clamp, or tape. The built-in pad can be used to cut sensitivity when recording very loud sources. The switchable Bass Boost function extends low-end response when your project needs maximum rumble and boom.
The sensor head is connected to the preamp chassis with a 6’ (1.8m) high quality shielded cable. The preamp receives 48V phantom power from your standard XLR mic cable.
The Cortado MkIII is the most affordable professional contact mic in its class. The attachment accessory kit includes a variety of clamps and adhesives to easily attach the Cortado, temporarily or permanently, to most any object.
- All-new sensor design is nearly indestructible
- Phantom-powered onboard preamp circuit is housed in rugged steel chassis
- 6′ (1.8m) shielded cable from sensor to chassis
- 50 Hz – 17 kHz bandwidth
- Switchable onboard high pass filter (called “Bass Boost”)
- -10 dB pad for recording extra-loud sources
- Requires 24-48 VDC phantom power from a standard XLR mic cable
- Optional rubber feet for the chassis included
- Mounting putty included