The only recorder that adapts to your way of creating
12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface, the H8 is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
There’s An App For Your Workflow
Whether you’re capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project’s needs with three App-driven interface options. All with the touch of your finger.
The Mic Capsule
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone. This capsule provides two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing signal directly in front of the recorder. With the Zoom mic capsule system you can easily swap capsules to ensure you’re always using the right mic for the job.
You can monitor level meters and hit REC,PLAY, and STOP in each H8 application mode. Just insert the BTA-1 to your H8 and connect to your iOS device.
Inputs & Outputs
H8 offers 4 XLR inputs with dedicated pad switches and gain control. 2 additional XLR/TRS combo jacks with Hi-Z switches allow you to capture line level signals, microphones, or directly record electric guitars and basses.
Monitor tracks using the built-in 1/8” headphone output or connect directly to your camera using the dedicated stereo line output.
Multi-Channel Audio Interface
The H8 is a powerful USB audio interface. Connect via USB to your PC, Mac, or iPad for up to 12 channels of simultaneous recording.
- Customized applications for field recording, music and podcasting
- 3 distinct interfaces for field recording, music and podcasting
- Interchangeable input capsules
- 12-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Phantom power for all six XLR mic inputs: +24/+48V
- Large color LCD touchscreen display
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 10 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
What’s in the Box
- H8 Handy Recorder
- XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
- AA Batteries (x4)
- Quick Guide
- Number of input channels: 8 (XY mic capsule, 1-4, A, B)
- Number of output channels: 2 (stereo headphone and stereo line)
- MIC IN: ZOOM mic connector
- INPUT 1-4: XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- INPUT A/B: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- USB: USB Micro-B(audio interface, mass storage and Guitar Lab connection functions)Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer.Operation using USB bus power is possible.
- REMOTE: ZOOM BTA-1 or other dedicated wireless adapter
- LINE OUT: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- PHONE OUT: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Phantom power: +24 V/+48 V (independent ON/OFF for INPUTS 1–4, A and B)
- Recording media: Cards that support SD/SDHC/SDXC specifications
- Formats: WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereoMP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps
- Maximum simultaneous recordingtracks: 12 (MIC IN, backup recording, 1-4, A, B, and LR)
- Audio interface
- Multitrack mode: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 12-in/2-out
- Stereo mix mode: 44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit, 2-in/2-out
- Tuner: Chromatic/Guitar/Bass/Open A/Open D/Open E/Open G/DADGAD
- Built-in speaker: 400 mW 8Ω mono speaker
- Display: 2.4" (320×240) full-color touchscreen LCD
- 4 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1AUSB bus power
- Using XY mic, 44.1 kHz/24-bit (stereo × 1): about 10:00
- The above values are approximate.
- Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- External dimensions H8: 116.4 mm (W) × 163.3 mm (D) × 48.6 mm (H)
- XYH-6: 78.9 mm (W) × 60.2 mm (D) × 45.2 mm (H)
- Weight H8: 354 g XYH-6: 130 g
- Note: When using a USB cable designed for recharging, audio interface, SD card reader and Guitar Lab connection functions cannot be used.