ELEVATE YOUR RECORDING EXPERIENCE
The ZOOM UAC-232 USB Audio Converter is the first dedicated 32-bit float audio interface , designed for musicians who demand more quality in their productions.
NO NEED TO SET GAIN
Whether you're recording in the studio or on stage, sound levels can fluctuate. The UAC-232’s 32-bit float technology captures clip-free, low-noise recordings without the need to set gain.
Learn more about 32-bit float technology here.
OUR FINEST PREAMPS
Featuring the same clean, low-noise preamps used in our professional F-Series recorders, the UAC-232 guarantees high-quality recordings in any setting.
BUILT FOR CREATORS
Whether you’re recording or streaming live, with 32-bit float technology you don’t have to worry about getting the ideal input gain or monitoring your levels.
FOR PODCASTS AND VOICEOVERS
For podcasters and voiceover artists, 32-bit float ensures full quality audio for the entire dynamic range of a performance. It also protects against clipping when levels are not being monitored.
The UAC-232 Mix Control software allows you to modify I/O routing, activate loopback, and control input and monitoring levels. You can also activate Music mode to route to your DAW or Streaming mode combining all inputs into a single signal for streaming software.
The Loopback function combines the input audio with playback from your computer and routes it to your software. Perfect for adding background music to your stream or singing live with an instrumental track.}
Use the Direct Monitor Switch to send the input signal directly to your headphones while routing the same signal to your DAW or streaming software. Mix Control allows you to adjust volume and pan for your direct monitor feed.
THE CONNECTIONS YOU NEED
The UAC-232 USB Audio Converter features two XLR/TRS combo inputs for mic or line level input with +48V phantom power available for condenser microphones. Use the Guitar/Bass button to activate Hi-Z for recording guitar directly.
POWERFUL HEADPHONE OUTPUT
Monitor louder and clearer with the 100 milliwatt headphone output. Enough power to drive the most demanding headphones with no distortion.
To listen on studio monitors, the UAC-232 includes two TRS main outputs with volume control.
The MIDI in/out allows you to connect to external MIDI gear such as drum machines, synths and keyboards.
The UAC-232 Audio Converter can be placed anywhere. Set it up vertically, horizontally or even mount it to a mic stand with the included hook-and-loop straps.
Connect the UAC-232 via USB when recording and streaming on PC and Mac with software like Cubase, Pro Tools, OBS and more.
Record and stream in 24-bit with iOS devices using Apps such as Garage Band, YouTube, and instagram.
*Bus powered with PC, Mac and use external power when working with a lightning enable iOS device
- Dual AD circuitry with 32-bit float recording technology
- High-quality mic preamps equivalent to those of the F6
- 2x XLR/TRS combo inputs / Headphone output / 2x TRS outputs
- Up to 192 kHz sample rate
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and iOS devices (Android not supported)
- Mix Control Software mixer for Windows, Mac, and iOS devices
- MUSIC and STREAMING modes available via the software to optimize I/O
- Loopback available via the Mix Control software
- Vertical or horizontal use
- MIDI IN/OUT for external MIDI equipment
- High-power headphone outputs (100 mW)
- Bus-powered operation
Input and output channels
- Number of input channels
- Mono (MIC/LINE): 2
- Number of output channels
- Stereo (TRS): 1
- Stereo (headphone): 1
- Inputs 1-2
- XLR/TRS combo jack
- (XLR: 2 HOT/TRS: TIP HOT）
- Input impedance
- XLR: 2.7 kΩ
- TRS: 4 kΩ/1 MΩ (when Hi-Z on)
- Maximum input level
- XLR: +6 dBu
- TRS: +24 dBu / +11.5 dBu (when Hi- Z on)
- Phantom power: +48 V
- Type: TRS phone jacks (balanced)
- Maximum output level: +18 dBu (at 0 dBFS)
- Output impedance: 100 Ω
- Type TRS phone jacks (balanced)
- Maximum output level
- +18 dBu (at 0 dBFS)
- Standard stereo phone jack
- 100 mW + 100 mW (32 Ω load)
- Output impedance: 12 Ω
- IN/OUT (5-pin DIN connectors)
- USB Type-C (audio interface function)
- Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- DC 5V: USB Type-C (for power supply)
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +0.1 dB /−0.2 dB
- 192 kHz: 20 Hz – 80 kHz, +0.1 dB /−0.2 dB
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +0.0 dB /−0.1 dB
- 192 kHz: 20 Hz – 80 kHz, +0.0 dB /−1.0 dB
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +0.0 dB /−0.5 dB
- 192 kHz: 20 Hz – 80 kHz, +0.0 dB /−1.0 dB
- Equivalent input noise: –127 dBu or less (IHF-A)
- Input and output channels
- Recording: 2 channels
- Playback: 2 channels
- Sampling frequencies
- 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz,
- 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz
- Bit depth: 32-bit ﬂoat / 24-bit
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Class: USB Audio Class 2.0
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1 A
- •USB bus power is supported.
- Rated current: USB / AC adapter (5 V): 293 mA
- Power consumption: 5 W maximum
- Dimensions: 164 mm (W) × 105.5 mm (D) × 65mm (H)
- Weight (unit only): 355 g