The pinnacle of Caparison design are the now-legendary TAT Special. It’s foundations were laid in 1995 with a 24-fret sample model and since then it’s continued to flourish and evolve into the technically sophisticated, elite instrument it is today. Its beautifully unique body structure, the Caparison Tat curve top, is an asymmetrical 27-fret design with an arched body top, resulting in a more comfortable, complimentary playing experience beyond the 12th fret.
The ingenious evolutionary construction continues with the use of Flame Maple Top/Mahogany Back material for both sides, creating the lasting sustain of a sound that, due to its luxury 5 piece Maple Walnut through-neck has lasting strength, stability and unquestionable quality.
The PH-R bridge pickup is a fundamental characteristic of a TAT-Special that’s combined with the Caparison “SH-27F” neck pick-up, obtaining an amazing clarity of sound that can be perfectly governed by Caparison’s unique Rotary Switch Mode. Simple and practical, this pickup selector is an option that gives you a rich supply of tones that makes this guitar as versatile as it is beautiful.
The 3-way pickup selector switch activates rotary switch mode when in the center position. The 4-way rotary switch can then be used to change the pickup output.
- Model: TAT Special FM
- Color: Blueberry Matt
- Top: 6A Flame Maple
- Back: Mahogany
- Construction: Neck Through
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Wood: 5-Piece Maple / Walnut
- Neck Finish: Urethane (satin)
- Scale: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: Compound 13.78" - 15.75"
- Inlays: Clocks
- Frets: 27, Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Width @ Nut: 42mm (1.65")
- Depth @ 1st Fret: 21mm
- Depth @ 12th Fret: 22mm
- Nut Material: Schaller R2 Locking
- Fretboard and Headstock Binding: White
- Headstock: Devil's Tail, TAT-Special Logo, Black
- Pickups: Caparison SH-27F (neck) and PH-R (bridge)
- Controls: CTS Master Volume, 4-Way Rotary Switch
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Schaller Mega Switch
- Bridge: Schaller S-FRT II (locking floyd-style)
- Tuners: Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P.
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: RotoSound R9 (.009 - .042)
- Case: Reunion Blues Continental Caparison Gig Bag
- Hand Crafted in Japan
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs