The TAT Special FX “Metal Machine” was developed with Adam Dutkiewicz, based on the Caparison TAT Special. Featuring a beautifully unique body structure, the Caparison TAT curve top, is an asymmetrical 27-fret design with an arched body top, resulting in a more comfortable, complimentary playing experience beyond the 12th fret. The ingenious evolutionary construction continues with the use of Maple Top/Mahogany Back material for both sides, creating a sound that, due to the oiled-finish, luxury 5 piece Maple Walnut through-neck has lasting strength, stability and unquestionable quality. The TAT Special FX is also fitted with a fixed bridge and through body stringing for unparalleled sustain and clarity, with a tight focused, aggressive voice.
The TAT Special FX “MM” comes with a no nonsense single Fishman Fluence Killswitch Engage Signature pickup in the bridge position, with a single Push-Pull Volume control for Voice-1/Voice-2 switching. Voice 1 begins with the Fishman Modern recipe, but Joel & Adam prefer a tighter bass for more note definition and screaming midrange and harmonics. Voice 2 in the neck produces a crystal clean, fluid voice.
“I am excited to announce the release of my signature guitar with Caparison! It’s a simple beast, but what a beast it is. I’ve had it designed to be a guitar with 2 things in mind, tone, and durability. The neck-through not only keeps it sturdy and stable in changing temperatures (hot clubs, cold backstages, disgusting sweating human), but also makes it one of the loudest guitars I’ve ever played. Especially in tandem with the maple top and string-through design. The stainless-steel frets wear so much better than traditional fret wire. The hipshot tuners have a great turn ratio and hold better than other locking tuners. The Fishman bridge pickup that we’ve developed with them sounds great, and the push-pull volume lets you access a more traditional passive-style humbucker sound. I’ve intentionally left out the neck pickup for more wood mass in the guitar. More wood, more resonance, more tone!” – Adam Dutkiewicz
- Model: TAT Special FX Metal Machine
- Color: Trans. Spectrum Black
- Top: Maple
- Back: Mahogany
- Construction: Neck Through
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Wood: 5-Piece Maple / Walnut
- Neck Finish: Oiled (glossy)
- Scale: 25.4"
- Fretboard Radius: Compound 13.78" - 15.75"
- Inlays: Clocks
- Frets: 27, Small, Stainless Steel
- Width @ Nut: 42mm (1.65")
- Depth @ 1st Fret: 21mm
- Depth @ 12th Fret: 22mm
- Nut Material: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Fretboard and Headstock Binding: White
- Headstock: Devil's Tail, TAT Special Logo
- Pickup: Fishman Fluence Killswitch Engage
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for Voice1 and Voice2)
- Pickup Power: 9v Battery
- Bridge: Gotoh GE-103B-T, String Through Body
- Tuners: Hipshot GripLock
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning: D, A, F, C, G, C
- Strings: RotoSound RH10 (.010 - .052)
- Case: Reunion Blues Continental Caparison Gig Bag
- Hand Crafted in Japan