Harkening back to the late ’80s when Charvel® guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, Charvel introduces the all-new MJ Series — an exciting lineup of instruments attentively crafted in Japan. Exquisite in style, the MJ Series blends Charvel’s unparalleled legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of top-end features and stunning finishes.
The MJ San Dimas® Style 1 HSH FR PF QM is a brazen new model designed for the progressive guitarist seeking a spectrum of sound beyond the norm. The alder body with quilt maple top is wrapped in either a wicked Midnight Glow or lush Transparent Green Burst finish and accented with chrome hardware. Built for speedy playability, the bolt-on maple neck features graphite reinforcement, slick hand-rubbed oil finish on the back and heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel. Its 12”-16” compound radius pau ferro fingerboard features comfortable rolled edges, 24 jumbo frets and white dot inlays.
An HSH configuration gives this model its distinctive tone. A direct mount Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 humbucking bridge pickup and direct mount Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 middle pickup radiate unmistakable upper midrange attack with a tight, articulate low end and snappy Strat character. The direct mount Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2N humbucking neck pickup delivers articulate, glassy treble response that balances well with a full but tight low end.
The MJ San Dimas Style 1 HSH FR PF QM hosts other premium appointments including a five-way blade switch for endless tonal variations, volume control, tone control, Gotoh® GE1996T Series double-locking tremolo, Gotoh die-cast tuners and more.
- Series: MJ
- Body Shape: San Dimas® Style 1
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Top: Quilt Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Die-Cast
- Bridge: Gotoh® GE1996T Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 (Bridge), Custom Seymour Duncan® Flat Strat® SSL-6 Single-Coil (Middle), Seymour Duncan® Jazz™ SH-2N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2: Bridge Inner Coil and Middle, Position 3: Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 4: Neck Inner Coil and Middle, Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Charvel® Economy Case (p/n 099-4742-100); Optional Charvel® Multi-Fit Gig Bag (p/n 299-1414-006)
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs