Wherefore art thou, guitarist? We're stoked to present one of the coolest original models we've had at the shop, Eastman's new Juliet! Combining elements of a 1950s set-neck singlecut and a 1960s offset surfer, the Juliet takes these design cues and creates something completely new and just plain awesome. The gorgeous Pomona Blonde finish on this one, aptly named for the city a little up north here in Southern California, looks absolutely stunning with the tasteful tortoise pickguard.
Top to bottom, Eastman chose some amazing specifications for this new axe - a comfortable, contoured offset shape for optimal playability, a lightweight, resonant Okoume body, an ebony fretboard that both looks great and feels smooth to the touch, a comfortable, familiar neck profile, a straightforward hardware layout with 6-in-line tuners and a Tune-o-Matic bridge, and tasteful aesthetic appointments. They chose everything great about guitar design with nothing you don't want!
This guitar features Bare Knuckle Old Guard humbuckers flanked by premium electronics like CTS pots, an Orange Drop cap and Schaller/Switchcraft parts, just like the highest-end American-made custom shop models out there. The Bare Knuckles sound simply incredible. Sitting right in the 8.0k-9.0k output range, they serve up all the warm and clear vintage humbucker tones you could want, whilst having just enough push to drive your amp nicely should you decide to play something a bit heavier. Eastman truly spared no expense in the tone department.
If you're looking at this instrument, chances are you've done your research and know just how underrated Eastman guitars are for the money. This Juliet is no exception. Highly recommend checking one out!
- Body Dimensions: 13 5/8" W x 16" L
- Body Back/Sides: 1 Piece Okoume
- Color Options: Pomona Blonde
- Top Coat Finish: Truetone Gloss
- Neck Material: 1 Piece Okoume
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: Bone 1.68"
- Fretwire: Jescar FW47104-P
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Truss Rod: Double Acting
- Logo: Pearl
- Inlay: Dots
- Side Dot Color: White
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Gotoh GE101A-NI
- Bridge: Gotoh GE-104B-NI
- Tuners: Gotoh SD91-05M-L
- Knobs: Göldo KBG18N
- Pickup Frame: Cream Plastic
- Switch Tip: Black
- Pickguard: Inlaid Amber Tortoise Acrylic
- Neck Pickup: Bare Knuckle Old Guard Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Bare Knuckle Old Guard Humbucker
- Switch: Schaller 3-Way Megaswitch
- Capacitors: .047 Orange Drop
- Potentiometers: CTS 500K Audio Taper
- Output Jack: Switchcraft #11
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Case: Padded Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 7.1 lbs