Wherefore art thou, guitarist? We're stoked to present one of the coolest original models we've had at the shop, Eastman's Romeo! Their take on a cross between a rockabilly jazzbox and a 1960s surf guitar, the Romeo takes these design cues and creates something completely new and just plain awesome. Finished in a beautiful Celestine Blue, this instrument provokes some serious head-turning.
Top to bottom, Eastman chose some amazing specifications for this new axe - a tried and true semi-hollow tonewood combination for optimal resonance, an ebony fretboard that both looks great and feels smooth to the touch, a comfortable, familiar neck profile, a straightforward hardware layout, and tasteful aesthetic appointments. It also features a Göldo tremolo system that gives you the ability to add some stylistic wows and flutters to this guitar's musical palette. They chose everything great about guitar design with nothing you don't want!
This guitar features Seymour Duncan Phat Cat humbucker-sized P90s with radiator covers, flanked by premium electronics like CTS pots, an Sky cap and Switchcraft parts, just like the highest-end American-made custom shop models out there. The Seymour Duncans sound fantastic. They capture that distinct P90 tone in all its glory, with warmth in the neck position, a gorgeous jangle in the middle, and shimmering chime and twang in the bridge, all with that powerful midrange characteristic that style of pickup is known for. Eastman truly spared no expense in the tone department. It sounds excellent for country, R&B, classic rock and beyond!
If you're looking at this instrument, chances are you've done your research and know just how underrated Eastman guitars are for the money. This Romeo is no exception. Highly recommend checking one out!
- Body Dimensions: 14.75" x 1.75"
- Body Top: Spruce Laminate
- Body Back/Sides: Mahogany Laminate
- Truss Rod: Single Acting
- Binding: Top and Back
- Binding Material: Ivoroid
- Logo: Pearl Headstock
- Inlay: Pearl Dots
- Side Dot Color: Pearl Half Circle
- Finish: Gloss Finish
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: Bone 1.72"
- Fretwire: Jescar FFW47104-P
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Göldo TLT2N Tremolo
- Bridge: Göldo-3-point-vario-bridge HW2GN
- Tuners: Göldo MGDBL33N Back Locking Tuners
- Knobs: Gold Speed Knobs
- Strap Peg: Gotoh EP-A1
- Pickup Rings: Creme Plastic
- Switch Tip: Switchcraft Ivory
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Radiator Phat Cat P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Radiator Phat Cat P-90
- 3 Way Switch: Goldo #EL002
- Capacitors: Sky MC473 .047mf
- Potentiometers: CTS 500K AudioTaper
- Output Jack: Switchcraft L11
- Pickup Wiring: Gavitt Braided Wire
- Strings: D’Addario NYXL .011 - .049
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 6.6 lbs