The Eastman SB59/v is a fully-loaded take on the legendary single-cutaway, double-humbucker "1959" guitar at an extremely reasonable price point. In addition to a classic aged Black finish and tasteful worn-in aging on both the hardware and the finish itself, the guitar features the tried and true combination of a mahogany body and neck with a maple top and gorgeous ebony fingerboard. Eastman also spared no expense on the hardware specs, going with Gotoh hardware across the board - the Tune-o-Matic bridge, tailpiece, tuning machines, and strap buttons are all high-end Gotoh offerings. The vintage-shape mahogany neck feels immediately reminiscent of the guitars this Eastman pays homage to, whilst remaining playable for the modern player - not too thin, not too thick.
At the heart of the guitar are two of the highest-end "PAF"-style pickups out there - the venerable Lollar Imperial humbucker set. These Lollar pickups have become nearly a "standard" in the boutique guitar world for a reason and are pretty much the perfect "PAF". They capture the quintessential "1959" tone - clear, bright, and clean with a fantastic middle position on lower-gain settings, but are ready to rock hard when you dig in and turn up the gain. Add a vintage-style wiring harness with premium components like CTS and Switchcraft parts, and you have a top-shelf tonal formula.
For a contemporary take on a vintage guitar that checks all the boxes of what this style of guitar should be at a very accessible price, give the Eastman SB59/v a spin - you'll quickly find out how underrated these guitars are.
- Body Dimensions: 13" x 1 7/8"
- Body Top: Solid Flame Maple
- Body Back/Sides: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Top Coat Finish: Antique Varnish
- Neck Material: One Piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: Bone 1 11/16"
- Nut Height: .022"
- Fretwire: Jescar FW47104
- Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Truss Rod: Single Acting
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Inlay: Pearl Trapezoid
- Backplates: Black Plastic
- Hardware Color: Aged Nickel
- Tailpiece: Gotoh GE101A-NI Relic
- Bridge: Gotoh GE-104B-NI Relic
- Tuners: Gotoh SD90
- Knobs: Gold Bell Knobs
- Strap Peg: Gotoh EP-A1 Relic
- Neck Pickup: Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Pickup Height: 3/32"
- Pickup Frame: Cream Plastic
- 3 Way Switch: Switchcraft
- Switch Tip: Switchcraft Ivory
- Capacitors: Sprague Orange Drop
- Potentiometers: CTS 500K Audio Taper
- Output Jack: Switchcraft #11
- Pickup Wiring: Gavitt Braided Wire
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Action Height: 3/32" and 2/32"
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 8 lbs