Ernie Ball Music Man Jason Richardson Signature Cutlass HH 7-String Guitar, Majora Purple
Born of tradition, class, and decades of refining a tried and true design, the Music Man Cutlass model expertly combines vintage sounds with modern playability and craftsmanship, and this Jason Richardson signature 7-string axe follows suit while being tuned to Richardson's exact preferences. Right off the bat, the gorgeous Majora Purple color on the stunningly unique piece of buckeye burl and tasteful gold hardware draws your attention immediately - this guitar is simply stunning.
As with the standard Cutlass model, the tried-and-true tonewood combination of an alder body with a heavily-figured, dark-roasted maple neck results in a snappy and trebly top end, paired with a resonant and punchy bottom acoustically. The rich acoustic resonance of the guitar pairs well with the custom EBMM ceramic magnet humbuckers, which can go anywhere from clean to mean with the array of controls: there's a push/push gain boost and a coil-split on the pots along with an active preamp. Although simple in pickup layout, this guitar is equipped for a vast range of tones.
The versatility of this Richardson model is only to be outdone by the silky smooth feel of the entire guitar. The neck is satin-finished and plays fast and effortlessly. And to improve this iconic model even further, the Jason Richardson has a custom-contoured lower horn for supreme access to the 24 frets.
The Ernie Ball Music Man Jason Richardson Artist Series Cutlass guitar is the latest collaboration between the award-winning Ernie Ball Music Man design team and the multitalented virtuoso guitarist and composer Jason Richardson. Featuring innovative design characteristics engineered specifically for Jason's exacting technique, the Richardson Artist Series Cutlass offers unique features and aesthetics that will give players a fresh look at one of our most popular models. The Jason Richardson Cutlass features a perfectly balanced lightweight double-cutaway body design, allowing unparalleled access to all 24 medium jumbo frets. Additionally, the roasted maple neck is hand shaped with a shallow neck carve for very fast playability.
- Model: Jason Richardson 7-string Cutlass Guitar
- Body Wood: Alder
- Top: Buckeye burl top
- Body Finish: high gloss polyester
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 15" (38.1 cm)
- Headstock Size: 6-7/8" (17.5 cm) long
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-7/8" (47.6 mm) at nut, 2-19/32" (65.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Figured roasted maple
- Fingerboard: Roasted maple
- Fret Markers: Dot inlay
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Bridge: Custom Music Man® floating tremolo, made of black or plated, hardened steel with black or gold plated steel saddles
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp w/ Silent Circuit; 25kohm push/push volume POT for gain boost, 500kohm push/push tone POT for pickup coil splitting - 0.022uf tone cap; 3-way pickup selector switch
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector; Push/push volume knob engages boost
- Pickups: HH - Music Man Custom 7-string humbucking pickups, Ceramic magnets
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46-56 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240 with added P01156)
- Case: Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 7.4 lbs