Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci JP15 7-String Guitar, Tiger Eye Quilt Top
The JP15 commemorates the first 15 years of John Petrucci's collaboration with Music Man, but it has turned out to be one of the most enduring and popular JP models to date!
It's just like the JP13, but with an African Okoume body and a gorgeous roasted flame maple neck. This guitar has that coveted Petrucci feel: The fretboard is perfectly consistent all the way up and down, and the strings practically play themselves. Bends are easy and intonate very well, and lightning fast runs come out cleanly and with plenty of articulation. The sound is clear and powerful, equally conducive to walls of distortion and crystal cleans. Upper register access is totally unrestricted thanks to a comfortable neck heel and smooth lower bout cut.
This axe is perfect for the Petrucci fan or anyone who's looking for a high-end, high-octane shredder that'll hold up for lifetimes!
The JP15 features a lightweight Okoume body with a figured maple top. Available in Sahara Burst (with roasted maple top), Trans Black Burst, Cerulean Paradise and two new colors, Tiger Eye (with roasted maple top) and Purple Nebula. Each beautiful finish complements the flame or quilt figuring with stunning effect. Roasted maple neck and fingerboard adds just the right amount of snap and brightness while providing more stability in ever-changing climates. The JP 15 is powered by twin custom DiMarzio Illuminator pickups, piezo bridge system and onboard 20db gain boost. Available in 6 or 7 string with Music Man JP tremolo, 3-way Toggle pickup selector and Music Man hardshell case.
- Floating JP Tremolo w/piezo saddles
- Adjustable trim pots
- 20 dB Gain Boost Volume Knob
Tiger Eye Finish
The JP15 will now be offered in the popular translucent Tiger Eye burst finish in a choice of roasted flame or quilt on top of a lightweight Okoume body for all 6 and 7-string models.
Roasted Maple Neck
Both 6 and 7-string models feature a premium figured roasted maple neck and fingerboard.
- Model: JP15-7
- Color: Tiger Eye Quilt
- Top: Quilt Maple
- Body: Okoume
- Finish: Satin
- Fretboard: Roasted Flame Maple
- Neck Wood: Roasted Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Radius: 17"
- Nut Width: 1 7/8"
- Frets: 24, Medium Jumbo, Stainless Steel
- Pickups: DiMarzio Illuminators, Piezo
- Controls: Volume (push/push gain boost), Tone (push/push custom 2 pickup configurations), Piezo Volume
- Mini Toggles: 3-Way Pickup Selector, Piezo/Magnetic Pickups Selector
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® Piezo floating tremolo, made of chrome-plated, hardened steel with stainless steel saddle
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND locking with pearl buttons
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46-56 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240 with added P01156)
- Case: Hard Case
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs