Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Majesty 7 7-String Guitar, Wisteria Blossom
John Petrucci and Music Man have been working together for over 20 years now. Together they've come up with some of the best electric guitar designs on the market, but nothing in their catalog is quite like this! The Majesty is one of the best new designs in years - not just for Music Man, but for the entire industry. It borrows many build concepts from previous JP models, but when it comes down to it, this is a totally unique and radically different guitar.
You'll notice right off the bat that the body style is modern and edgy while also being extremely ergonomic and comfortable. That seemingly large upper horn isn't just for looks: The top cutaway is almost just as deep as the bottom cutaway, so you can get your thumb over the neck when you're playing in the highest registers.
As part of the Majesty series, this one stands a cut above its predecessors. The onboard electronics, including the Piezo, are simple, but yet give you a ton of options and versatility without ever having to stomp on a pedal or turn around to tweak your amp. All of the knobs and switches are easily accessible and require very little extra movement from your picking hand/arm to change things up on the guitar.
The classy-looking top and immaculate build quality give this axe a true Custom Shop feel. This axe is perfect for the die-hard Petrucci fan or simply anyone who's looking for the best new design geared towards faster styles. Good work, Music Man!
The Majesty is the result of John's unwavering demand for high-performance and playability. One of the most well-balanced and innovative instruments available, the Majesty features a neck-through-body design, unparalleled upper fret access, ergonomic in-line control knob placement, and an advanced pickup switching system, which effectively eliminates the delay between pickup selection. The Majesty is the exemplification of everything we know a John Petrucci signature model to be - innovative technology, versatile performance, and a sleek modern feel.
- Built to John Petrucci's exact specifications, the Majesty is the result of John's unwavering demand for performance, playability, and tone.
- The Majesty features John Petrucci Dimarzio Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker pickups voiced to perfectly amplify the tone woods and deliver John's latest tonal range.
- The Majesty features a perfectly balanced lightweight neckthrough body design, delivering unparalleled access to all 24 stainless steel frets, super smooth tremolo system, and ergonomically optimized control layout.
- Hand-selected tonewoods imported from only the finest sustainably sourced wood suppliers in the world; bodies of alder, basswood, mahogany, and maple are individually chosen and matched for their rich tonal qualities.
- The Majesty features an abundance of tonal choices including magnetic and piezo options, coil tapping, and up to a 20db boost for extra gain when needed. Independent volume controls allow for custom blending of magnetic and piezo pickups that can be used in mono or stereo applications.
- Each Majesty is crafted at the Ernie Ball Music Man factory in San Luis Obispo, California. Blending the delicate touch of hand craftsmanship and the accuracy of robotic technology, we've focused on making the best playing and sounding guitars in the world.
- Body Wood: Mahogany with Okoume Wings
- Top Wood: Flamed Maple
- Color: Wisteria Blossom, Gloss
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Construction: Neck-Thru
- Radius: 17"
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlays: Atlante Majesty Inlays
- Number of Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.875"
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® floating tremolo of matte black, hardened steel with Fishman Powerbridge piezo saddles
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking Tuners
- Hardware Color: Black
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Rainmaker Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Dreamcatcher Humbucker, Piezo Pickup
- Controls: Volume (push/push gain boost), Tone (push/push pickup config), Piezo Volume, 3-way toggle pickup switch, 3-way piezo/magnet toggle switch, rear push/push stereo/mono switch
- Strings: Ernie Ball 10-56
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs