Ernie Ball Music Man Luke 4 SSS Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Roasted Alder Body, Diesel Blue
Introducing the Ernie Ball Music Man Luke 4: a guitar that captivates with its versatility, just like Steve Lukather's playing style. Lukather himself raves, "In our never-ending quest for tone and fresh sounds, the team at Music Man implemented their new HT pickups that really knocked me out! As we have had three versions of the guitar, the new Luke 4 model is a fresh step forward in tone with their specially designed pickup technology." With a roasted alder body, roasted figured maple neck, and rosewood fretboard, this instrument is the epitome of tone and playability. Its 3 HT single-coil pickups and adjustable 12 dB gain boost effortlessly traverse sonic landscapes from sparkling cleans to high-gain squeals. The Luke 4 SSS shares many of the standard specifications of the original Luke guitars, including a double-cut contoured body, a roasted figured maple neck, 22 nickel frets, 5-way switching, adjustable 12db boost, and a Music Man vintage floating tremolo.
The HT Pickups are the product of over a decade of string research into different alloys and how they interface with the magnets of the pickups. The end result is a super dynamic pickup with lots of output but still lots of clarity.
- Body Construction: Solid
- Body Material: Roasted Alder
- Body Color: Diesel Blue
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Color: Natural
- Joint: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Profile: Soft V
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.825"
- Thickness at 12th Fret: 0.945"
- Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Inlays: White Dot
- Side Markers: White Dot
- Fret Count, Size, Material: 22 - Nickel
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Material, Width: Melamine, compensated for accurate intonation, 1 5/8"
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Music Man® floating vintage tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with bent steel saddles
- Knob Type: Chrome Dome Top
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Electronics Type (active/passive): Active
- Preamp: Music Man® designed preamp with transparent buffered output, switchable 20+ dB gain boost and
- wide spectrum Music Man Silent Circuit (to help reduce 60 cycle hum)
- Bridge Pickup: Music Man® HT Single Coil
- Middle Pickup: Music Man® HT Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Music Man® HT Single Coil
- Controls: Volume knob with push/push switch for gain boost, tone knob, 5 way pickup selector switch
- Output Type (mono/stereo): Mono
- Country of Origin: USA
- Factory Strings (brand/gauge): Ernie Ball 9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys #2239)
- Factory Tuning: Standard
- Included Case (brand/model): MONO
- Case Style: Softshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs