Ernie Ball Music Man Luke 4 SSS Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Roasted Alder Body, Scoville Red
Celebrating three decades with Grammy award-winning guitarist and signature artist Steve Lukather, the Ernie Ball Music Man company is proud to announce the arrival of the new Luke 4 SSS signature guitar. This fourth installment in the Lukather signature line of instruments features a roasted alder body with a figured roasted maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. The Luke 4 is outfitted with custom Music Man pickup technology, delivering an incredibly dynamic and responsive playing experience. The pickups can achieve an ultra-high-output, powerful, low-end response while retaining a distinctively clean, clear tone at lower volume levels. The Luke 4 SSS shares many of the standard specifications of the original Luke guitars, including a double-cut contoured body, a roasted figured maple neck, 22 nickel frets, 5-way switching, adjustable 12db boost, a Music Man vintage floating tremolo, and ships in a Mono case.
The HT Pickups are the product of over a decade of string research into different alloys and how they interface with the magnets of the pickups. The end result is a super dynamic pickup with lots of output but still lots of clarity.
- Body Construction: Solid
- Body Material: Roasted Alder
- Body Color: Scoville Red
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Color: Natural
- Joint: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Profile: Soft V
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.825"
- Thickness at 12th Fret: 0.945"
- Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Inlays: White Dot
- Side Markers: White Dot
- Fret Count, Size, Material: 22 - Nickel
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Material, Width: Melamine, compensated for accurate intonation, 1 5/8"
- Hardware Color: Black
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Music Man® floating vintage tremolo of black plated, hardened steel with bent steel saddles
- Knob Type: Black Dome Top
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Electronics Type (active/passive): Active
- Preamp: Music Man® designed preamp with transparent buffered output, switchable 20+ dB gain boost and
- wide spectrum Music Man Silent Circuit (to help reduce 60 cycle hum)
- Bridge Pickup: Music Man® HT Single Coil
- Middle Pickup: Music Man® HT Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Music Man® HT Single Coil
- Controls: Volume knob with push/push switch for gain boost, tone knob, 5 way pickup selector switch
- Output Type (mono/stereo): Mono
- Country of Origin: USA
- Factory Strings (brand/gauge): Ernie Ball 9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys #2239)
- Factory Tuning: Standard
- Included Case (brand/model): MONO
- Case Style: Softshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs