Crafted at our ESP USA facility in Southern California, the USA Eclipse is the classic single-cutaway shape that’s been at the heart of many of music’s greatest moments. The USA Eclipse offers a full thickness (60mm / 2 3/8”), beautiful mahogany body. This guitar offers a smooth set-thru construction at a classic 24.75” scale, with a three-piece thin U-shaped mahogany neck and an ebony fingerboard with 22 extra-jumbo Jescar stainless steel frets and mother-of-pearl split-flag inlays.
We chose the very best components available for the USA Eclipse, including Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners, TonePros locking TOM bridge and tailpiece, Schaller strap locks, and a bone nut. Pickups for this USA Eclipse include a set of world-class Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special humbuckers, with a push-pull coil-split control on the tone knob. The USA Eclipse includes a high-quality ESP USA form-fitting hardshell case.
- Graphite Neck Reinforcement Bars: Get maximum strength and stability from your guitar’s neck, with higher long-term reliability. All ESP USA models are made with two high-strength bars of carbon fiber.
- Weight Relief Chambering: The ESP USA Eclipse offers a traditional full-thickness body but is strategically chambered so the weight of the guitar remains comfortable and noticeably lighter than most classic single-cut body style guitars.
- Full Thickness Carved Top w/ Natural Masked Binding: Over a half-inch of beautifully figured open-grain mahogany is carved to our ESP USA Eclipse contours, allowing for the natural masked binding to highlight the exquisite top.
Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special: Meet the Saturday Night Special humbucker set. These pickups are made with Alnico 4 magnets to give a balanced, vintage tonality. Think late 70s arena rock tones with full-bodied cleans and bold, vocal-like overdriven leads.
Unlike traditional humbuckers, the Saturday Night Special humbuckers are voiced to be a little hotter and fatter in the bridge position, and a little clearer and less “wooly” in the neck. They’re more aggressive than 50s-style models, but without the compression of most high gain pickups. The cleans are warm and musical while the overdriven tones cut through without being harsh in the highs or cloudy in the lows. These bridge the output level gap between vintage 50s and modern humbuckers, making this pickup set perfect for replicating those legendary late-70s arena rock tones.
Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special pickups are made in Santa Barbara, California.
- Model: USA Eclipse FR
- Color: Blood Splatter
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Binding: Creme
- Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 22 JESCAR FW57110 XJ Stainless Steel
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Split Flags
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Mahogany
- Profile: Thin U
- Nut: 1.65" (42mm) Bone
- Thickness @ 1st Fret: 20mm
- Thickness @ 12th Fret: 22mm
- Headstock: Black
- Pickups: EMG 66/57 Set
- Controls: 2x Volume, 1x Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original
- Tuners: Sperzel Trim-Lok
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Locking
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Case: ESP USA Eclipse Form Fit Hardshell
- Strings: D’Addario NYXL Sup Lite (.009 - .042)
- Made In North Hollywood, CA
- Instrument Weight: 9.5 lbs.