It's always a treat to get a beautiful USA-made ESP into the shop. Built in ESP's USA factory right here in California, these instruments are top-of-the-line instruments on par with their renowned, artisan-made Japanese Custom Shop guitars. This one features a gorgeous Aqua Marine Sunburst finish over an upgraded Quilted Maple top reminiscent of wide-grained flame maple.
Just like your favorite vintage 24.75" singlecut guitar, the neck and body resonate and sustain for days. The neck profile is very comfortable and just thick enough in all the right places, blending the best of vintage specification with ESP's contemporary design mentality. If you're a big bender, you're going to love the way this guitar plays. All kinds of legato can be pulled off with minimal effort and expressive vibrato is always at your fingertips.
This guitar features Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special pickups. These pickups are intended to capture that 70s/80s rock tone - think somewhat in the ballpark of Van Halen - and do so amazingly. They're not necessarily super hot, but just a little more overwound than vintage PAFs - just enough to scream and hold up awesomely under higher gain settings for hard rock and metal whilst retaining clarity to play classic rock, blues, and jazz with lower gain. The versatility is even further increased with the coil-split on the tone pot.
When high-end electronics meet superb construction and high-quality tonewoods, the result is something that's going to feel great, look great, and sound even better. That's ESP USA.
Crafted at our ESP USA facility in Southern California, the USA Eclipse is the classic single-cutaway shape that’s been at the heart of many of music’s greatest moments. The USA Eclipse offers a full thickness (60mm / 2 3/8”), beautiful mahogany body. This guitar offers a smooth set-thru construction at a classic 24.75” scale, with a three-piece thin U-shaped mahogany neck and an ebony fingerboard with 22 extra-jumbo Jescar stainless steel frets and mother-of-pearl split-flag inlays.
We chose the very best components available for the USA Eclipse, including Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners, TonePros locking TOM bridge and tailpiece, Schaller strap locks, and a bone nut. Pickups for this USA Eclipse include a set of Seymour Duncan pickups. The USA Eclipse includes a high-quality ESP USA form-fitting hardshell case.
- Get maximum strength and stability from your guitar’s neck, with higher long-term reliability. All ESP USA models are made with two high-strength bars of carbon fiber.
- The ESP USA Eclipse offers a traditional full-thickness body but is strategically chambered so the weight of the guitar remains comfortable and noticeably lighter than most classic single-cut body style guitars.
- Over a half-inch of beautifully figured open-grain mahogany is carved to our ESP USA Eclipse contours, allowing for the natural masked binding to highlight the exquisite top.
- Model: USA Eclipse
- Color: Aqua Marine Sunburst
- Top Wood: Quilt Maple
- Back Wood: Chambered Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Binding: Cream
- Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 22 JESCAR FW57110 XJ Stainless Steel
Inlays: Mother of Pearl Split Flags
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Mahogany
- Profile: Thin U
- Nut: 1.65" (42mm) Bone
- Thickness @ 1st Fret: 20mm
- Thickness @ 12th Fret: 22mm
- Headstock: Matching
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special Set
- Controls: 2x Volume, 1x Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: TonePros T3BT Locking TOM w/ T1Z Locking Tailpiece
- Tuners: Sperzel Trim-Lok
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Locking
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickup Rings: Black
- Case: ESP USA Eclipse Form Fit Hardshell
- Strings: D’Addario NYXL REG LITE (.010 - .046)
- Made In North Hollywood, CA
- Instrument Weight: 8.6 lbs