Check out this absolute showstopper! As always, it's always a treat to get a beautiful USA-made ESP into the shop. Built in ESP's USA factory right here in California, these instruments are top-of-the-line instruments on par with their renowned, artisan-made Japanese Custom Shop guitars. This is a stunning Semi-Hollow version of the iconic Eclipse model, offering a lighter weight and the semi-hollow resonance and tone, as well as a super-cool design for the f-hole. This one is seriously one of the most gorgeous Eclipses we've ever had roll into the shop - on top of the elegance of the semi-hollow design, we have fantastic Seymour Duncan pickups, gold hardware, and that gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous blue sparkle finish!
Just like your favorite vintage 24.75" singlecut guitar, the neck and body resonate and sustain for days. The neck profile is very comfortable and just thick enough in all the right places, blending the best of vintage specification with ESP's contemporary design mentality. If you're a big bender, you're going to love the way this guitar plays. All kinds of legato can be pulled off with minimal effort and expressive vibrato is always at your fingertips.
This guitar features Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups. Taking the "PAF"-style humbucker a step further, these have a very vocal quality to them and absolutely sing both clean and distorted. They'll clean up nicely with a nice top-end shimmer, but can also handle gain very well, from blues, jazz, and R&B all the way up to the heaviest modern rock, something vintage humbuckers sometimes struggle to do. You may have heard them at work on Guns N' Roses records - legendary axeman Slash has been the #1 user of these pickups, and he happens to use them in a very similar instrument to this Eclipse. We think these 'pups sound pretty good there!
Crafted at our ESP USA facility in Southern California, the USA Eclipse Semi-Hollow is the classic single-cutaway shape that’s been at the heart of many of music’s greatest moments. The USA Eclipse Semi-Hollow offers a full thickness (60mm / 2 3/8”), semi-hollow mahogany body. This guitar offers a smooth set-thru construction at a classic 24.75” scale, with a three-piece thin U-shaped mahogany neck and an ebony fingerboard with 22 extra-jumbo Jescar stainless steel frets and mother-of-pearl split-flag inlays.
We chose the very best components available for the USA Eclipse, including Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners, TonePros locking TOM bridge and tailpiece, Schaller strap locks, and a bone nut. Pickups for this USA Eclipse include a set of versatile EMG active pickups. The USA Eclipse includes a high-quality ESP USA form-fitting hardshell case.
- Get maximum strength and stability from your guitar’s neck, with higher long-term reliability. All ESP USA models are made with two high-strength bars of carbon fiber.
- The ESP USA Eclipse offers a traditional full-thickness body but is strategically chambered so the weight of the guitar remains comfortable and noticeably lighter than most classic single-cut body style guitars.
- Over a half-inch of beautifully figured open-grain mahogany is carved to our ESP USA Eclipse contours, allowing for the natural masked binding to highlight the exquisite top.
- Model: USA Eclipse Semi-Hollow
- Color: Blue Sparkle
- Body Wood: Chambered Mahogany
- Top Wood: Maple
- Binding: Cream
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Binding: Cream
- Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 22 JESCAR FW57110 XJ Stainless Steel
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Split Flags
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Mahogany
- Profile: Thin U
- Nut: 1.65" (42mm) Bone
- Thickness @ 1st Fret: 20mm
- Thickness @ 12th Fret: 22mm
- Headstock: Matching
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pros
- Controls: 2x Volume, 1x Tone (Push-Pull)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: TonePros T3BT Locking TOM w/ T1Z Locking Tailpiece
- Tuners: Sperzel Trim-Lok
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Locking
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickup Rings: Black
- Case: ESP USA Eclipse Form Fit Hardshell
- Strings: D’Addario NYXL REG LITE (.010 - .046)
- Made In North Hollywood, CA
- Instrument Weight: 8 lbs