We've got this hot new item on the way! Reserve yours today to get it as soon as it's available! Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
5150™ Series Standard, Ebony
Engineered for speed, comfort and full-throttle attitude, the reimagined 5150™ Series Standard is an iconic blast from the past that blends both throwback and modernized features.
Like its predecessor, the 5150 Standard features a modified Strat®-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and color matched “hockey stick” headstock with EVH® logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a three-way toggle switch on the upper bout. The custom designed EVH® Wolfgang® Alnico 2 humbucking bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucker neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A custom designed low friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells, while the high friction tone knob will stay in place even if accidentally bumped. An added new feature comes in the way of a lower bout kill switch, allowing you to mute your guitar for those stutter, rhythmic effects — think “You Really Got Me.”
Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose® bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A high-octane, high performance axe, the 5150 Standard boasts spotlight-ready style in an all-new Ice Blue Metallic or Stealth Black finish with all-black hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh® tuning machines.
Modified Strat-Style Body With Deeper Upper Body Curve
Reminiscent of the early super-Strat body styles, this modified Strat®-style body features a deeper upper body curve that hugs your frame for increased performance comfort.
12"-16" Compound Radius Ebony Fingerboard
The innovative 12"-16" compound radius design features a fingerboard that gradually flattens toward the heel from its smaller and more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for unparalleled comfortable chording and riffing near the nut and precise shred articulation and bending near the heel. A premium wood, ebony has very tight wood grains and creates a slick and fast-playing surface. Ebony fingerboards are known for their clear and crisp attack, and favored by guitarists looking for sharp top end, pleasing brightness and articulate mid-range.
Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking Pickups
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
Versatile Control Layout & Switching
Explore the tonal landscape with the upper bout three-way toggle switch, which in position one engages the bridge pickup for robust rhythm riffing. Position two engages both pickups, while position three’s neck pickup provides a warmer tone for leads. The volume knobs houses a 500K EVH Bourns low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless swells, while the tone control with 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot will stay in place even if accidentally nudged. A killswitch on the lower bout blocks the signal from the guitar to the amp, temporarily stopping noise output as long as the switch is pressed down. This feature adds an expressive stutter, rhythmic effect to performances.
Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Spoke Wheel
Humidity and temperature fluctuations wreak havoc on a guitar’s neck. With the truss rod adjustment wheel placed at the heel of the neck, you (or your guitar tech) can quickly insert a 1.5 mm Allen wrench between the strings for seamless neck relief tweaks on the fly.
- Model Number: 5108001513
- Series: 5150™ Series Guitars
- Color: Ice Blue Metallic
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: 5150®
- Body Material: Basswood
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Black
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Auxiliary Switching: Kill Switch
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .790" at 3rd Fret & .810" at 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: EVH® Modified "C" Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Cream Dot
- Side Dots: Cream
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: EVH® Hockey Stick
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Bridge: Top-Mount EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tremolo Block: Brass
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Striped Hardshell (p/n 022-6100-506); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual