With a career of being copied, the EVH Striped Series guitars put Eddie Van Halen's historic and authentic style in your hands ... These are high powered, high-performance machines as kickbutt to look at as they are to play.
The Striped Series guitar features a basswood Stratocaster®-style body decked out in Eddie's famed striped graphics — Red with Black Stripes, Black with Yellow Stripes and White with Black Stripes.
These unique guitars also have a graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with a hand-rubbed oil finish on the back, 12"-16" maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays and a thumbwheel truss rod adjustment wheel for convenient neck relief tweaks.
Powered by a single ferocious direct-mount Wolfgang® humbucking bridge pickup, the Striped Series guitars also feature a single skirted Strat-style volume control knob (labeled "tone") that houses a 500K EVH® Bourns® low friction pot with treble bleed circuit, single-ply black pickguard (White with Black Stripes model only), bar string retainer and Floyd Rose® locking nut, EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking tremolo with EVH D-Tuna®, EVH die-cast tuners, chrome hardware, vintage-style strap buttons, EVH neck plate and licensed Fender® Strat® headstock. The White with Black Stripes model also features a top-mount output jack.
Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple Neck with Eddie Van Halen's Modified "C" Backshape
Bolt-on is a type of neck construction that joins the maple neck to the body of the guitar with screws or bolts, resulting in bright tone with more control. The quartersawn grain runs the length of the neck and as well as being visually appealing, is less susceptible to shrinking, warping or splitting. Graphite-reinforcement rods flank the truss rod for even more increased neck stability, while your fretting hand will feel right at home on the modified “C”-shape neck, which has a .790” thickness at the 3rd fret and .825” at the 12th fret.
12"-16" Compound Radius Maple Fingerboard with 22 Jumbo Frets
The innovative 12"-16" Compound Radius Maple Fingerboard design gradually flattens toward the heel from its smaller and more rounded profile at the nut for unparalleled comfortable chording and riffing near the nut and seamless bending near the heel. Maple is a dense wood that produces bright, snappy tones, articulate notes with bite and a tight low end. Versus a 24-fret neck, a 22-fret layout shifts the neck pickup farther away from the bridge, centering it at the “sweet spot” and resulting in an overall warmer tone. The jumbo fret wire slightly increases the distance between string and fingerboard for seamless and comfortable bends.
Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking Pickup
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Trem, R3 Locking Nut and EVH D-Tuna
Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, steel saddles and a solid brass block. The Floyd Rose bridge and R3 (43 mm) locking nut is a professional-grade double-locking design that secures the strings in the saddle and nut, providing ultimate tuning stability and dynamic tremolo action. Standard equipment on Eddie’s personal guitars since the early ‘90s, the EVH D-Tuna is a unique patented device that enables players to drop the E to D and back, in an instant.
Other killer appointments of this axe include Eddie’s famed striped paint job, a licensed-Fender Stratocaster headstock and single volume Strat-style skirt knob that reads “Tone.” The volume knobs houses a 500K EVH Bourns low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless swells.
- Model Number: 5107902528
- Series: Striped Series
- Color: Black with Yellow Stripes
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Other
- Body Material: Basswood
- Bridge Pickup: EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Black
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: H
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .790" at 3rd Fret & .810" at 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: EVH® Modified "C" Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tremolo Block: Brass
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs: Black Stratocaster®-Style Skirt (Labeled "Tone")
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
Strap Buttons: Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Striped Hardshell (p/n 022-6100-506); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual