We've got this hot new item on the way! Reserve yours today to get it as soon as it's available! Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed urethane back finish. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom designed black EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking Pickups
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
VERSATILE SWITCHING & CONTROLS
All Wolfgang Special models come complete with a versatile control layout. Explore the tonal landscape with the three-way toggle switch, which in position one engages the bridge pickup for robust rhythm riffing. Position two engages both pickups, while position three’s neck pickup is ideal for all your blistering solo needs. The volume knobs houses a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless swells, while the tone control with 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot keeps the knobs acutely dialed in.
EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Trem, R2 Locking Nut and EVH D-Tuna
Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, steel saddles and a solid brass block. The Floyd Rose bridge and R2 (41.8 mm) locking nut is a professional-grade double-locking design that secures the strings in the saddle and nut, providing ultimate tuning stability and dynamic tremolo action. Standard equipment on Eddie’s personal guitars since the early ‘90s, the EVH D-Tuna is a unique patented device that enables players to drop the E to D and back, in an instant.
22 Jumbo Frets
Versus a 24-fret neck, the design of a 22-fret axe shifts the neck pickup slightly farther away from the bridge, centering it at the “sweet spot” and resulting in an overall warmer tone. The jumbo fret wire slightly increases the distance between string and fingerboard for seamless and comfortable bends.
- Model Number: 5107701510
- Series: Wolfgang® Special
- Color: Polar White
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Wolfgang®
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Zebra
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .805" at 3rd & .890" at 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: EVH® Wolfgang®
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tremolo Block: Brass
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Switch Tip: Black
- Saddle Height Wrench: N/A
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual