We've got this hot new item on the way! Reserve yours today to get it as soon as it's available! Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
The original guitar that launched the line, the EVH Wolfgang® USA unleashes pure, unadulterated rock 'n' roll power.
Since its launch in 2007, the EVH brand has had one mission—to take the tools Eddie Van Halen uses to create his groundbreaking guitar work and place them in your hands.
Over 35 years of innovation and experience were injected into the creation of the original Wolfgang USA, which continues to unleash pure unadulterated rock ‘n’ roll power, titanic sound, speedy playability and stunning spotlight-ready style.
“Everything that I’ve built, destroyed, stumbled onto, learned and experienced is in this guitar,” Eddie Van Halen said. “Every aspect and component of this guitar has been examined and upgraded to the highest standards possible: stainless steel frets, double-potted custom-wound pickups, five-piece binding on the matching body and headstock, custom-made signature tuning machines and Floyd Rose® bridge, new low-friction pots, and the list keeps going. We left no stone unturned.”
The Wolfgang USA features a basswood body with either an arched big-leaf maple or 5A flame maple top, bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement, 12”–16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 vintage stainless steel frets and mother of pearl block inlays (dot inlays on Stealth), direct mount EVH Wolfgang USA zebra humbucking pickups, three-way toggle switching with reverse wiring, volume control with 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot with treble bleed circuit, tone control with 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot, EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking tremolo bridge with EVH D-Tuna® and EVH-branded Gotho® High Ratio die-cast tuners with white pearloid buttons.
Experience ultra-speedy plability, colossal sound and classic looks with the Wolfgang USA.
Basswood Wolfgang Body with Big-Leaf Maple Top and Color Matched Headstock
Featuring an offset shape with larger upper horn, the Wolfgang’s basswood body provides excellent tonal response that is full and rich, along with overall warmth and sustain. The body is capped with a big-leaf maple top for enhanced note separation and clarity. The Wolfgang headstock is color matched to the headstock.
12"-16" Compound Radius Ebony Fingerboard With 22 Vintage Stainless Steel Frets and Pearloid Block Inlays
The innovative 12"-16" compound radius design features a fingerboard that gradually flattens toward the heel from its smaller and more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for unparalleled comfortable chording and riffing near the nut and precise shred articulation and bending near the heel. Known for its clear and crisp attack, the ebony fingerboard’s tight wood grains also lend for a slick and fast-playing surface, while the vintage stainless steel frets are smaller for a classic feel. Lastly, pearloid block inlays add an elegant flash.
Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang USA Humbucking Pickups
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang USA humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s signature authoritative, high-gain lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver radiate rich harmonics, pristine highs and plenty of snarling mids.
Versatile Switching & Control Layout
Explore this axe’s sonic palette with the three-way toggle switch, which in position one engages the bridge pickup for robust rhythm riffing. Position two engages both pickups, while position three engages the neck pickup for all your blistering solo needs. The volume knob houses an EVH BI Tech HPU low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless volume swells, while the tone knob houses a 250K EVH Bourns high friction pot that will stay in place even if accidentally bumped.
EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Trem, R2 Locking Nut and EVH D-Tuna
Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, steel saddles and a solid brass block. The Floyd Rose bridge and R2 (41.8 mm) locking nut is a professional-grade double-locking design that secures the strings in the saddle and nut, providing ultimate tuning stability and dynamic tremolo action. Standard equipment on Eddie’s personal guitars since the early ‘90s, the EVH D-Tuna is a unique patented device that enables players to drop the E to D and back, in an instant.
- Model Number: 5107920822
- Series: Wolfgang® USA
- Color: Stealth Gray
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Wolfgang®
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Binding: 5-Ply
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® USA Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® USA Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Zebra
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH® Bourns® Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH® Bourns® High Friction Pot)
- Pickup Switching: EVH® Reverse-Style 3-Position Switching: Position 1: Neck Pickup, Position 2: Neck and Bridge, Position 3: Bridge
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .805" at 3rd & .890" at 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Stainless
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Block
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: EVH® Wolfgang®
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tremolo Block: Brass
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag: Included EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual