We've got this hot new item on the way! Reserve yours today to get it as soon as it's available! Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
Wolfgang® WG Standard
The Wolfgang® WG Standard boasts the same style and massive sound Eddie Van Halen created—at a price the everyday musician can afford.
Offering many of the blazing features as its more expensive brethren, the Wolfgang WG Standard has a basswood body with special “comfort cut” forearm contour for maximum playing ease. Its bolt-on baked maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods holds strong against the ravages of temperature and humidity, while a conveniently located spoke wheel at the base of the neck makes for quick and painless truss rod adjustments. Designed for comfortable playability and speed, the Wolfgang WG Standard also features an oiled finish on the back of the neck and a 12”-16” compound radius baked maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays.
Dual EVH® Wolfgang humbucking pickups mounted directly to the body increase vibration transfer, resulting in sustain for days on end. The black knurled tone and volume control knobs have been have been dialed-in to Van Halen’s exacting specifications—the smooth-feeling 500k pots make it easy to find a unique sound while retaining the crisp high-end sparkle of the Wolfgang pickups. The EVH-branded Floyd Rose® Special bridge and R2 locking nut consistently keep the guitar in tune through the deepest whammy dives and horse whinnies.
Tested live onstage where it counts, the Wolfgang WG Standard is decked out for playing performance and comfort, and available in several head-turning finishes with a black headstock and black or black chrome (Gloss Black only) hardware.
Baked Maple Neck and Fingerboard
The baked maple neck and baked maple fingerboard offer increased stability, crystal clear, bright tones and exquisite style with its warmer hue and beautiful grain definition. Roasting the neck and fingerboard removes moisture from the wood, making it more resistant to humidity shifts and warping.
Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking Pickups
Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
Versatile Switching & Controls
All Wolfgang Standard models come complete with a versatile control layout. Explore the tonal landscape with the three-way toggle switch, which in position one engages the bridge pickup for robust rhythm riffing. Position two engages both pickups, while position three’s neck pickup is ideal for all your blistering solo needs. The volume knob has a treble bleed circuit for seamless volume swells, along with a single tone knob.
22 Jumbo Frets
Versus a 24-fret neck, the design of a 22-fret axe shifts the neck pickup slightly farther away from the bridge, centering it at the “sweet spot” and resulting in an overall warmer tone. The jumbo fret wire slightly increases the distance between string and fingerboard for seamless and comfortable bends.
- Model Number: 5107003520
- Series: Wolfgang® Standard
- Color: Matte Army Drab
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Wolfgang®
- Body Material: Basswood
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Black
- Controls: Volume with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Neck Material: Baked Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .790" at 3rd fret & .880" at 12th fret
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Neck Shape: Wolfgang® Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Baked Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® R2 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Truss Rod Wrench: 2.5 mm Hex
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: EVH® Wolfgang®
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Special Locking Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled with White Indicator
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Oversized
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional EVH® Wolfgang® Hardshell (p/n 009-0916-000); Optional EVH® Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)
- Included Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual