F-Bass BN6 6-String Bass, Ash Body, Maple Neck and Fretboard, Antique Brown
The BN series is the product of 40+ years of F Bass evolution. While it has roots stemming from the original Jazz Bass, it has slowly morphed into our signature sound, feel, and look. The BN series’ voice leans heavily on the wood choices and design of the instrument itself, with the electronics designed to simply enhance those attributes, rather than colour them. The F Bass pickups and preamp are natural & transparent though offer the flexibility of a modern active bass. The result is a big yet controlled bottom end, a rich punchy midrange, and a high end that is articulate yet sweet. We’re often asked how our BN series differs from our VF series—the BN is a bigger yet more refined and “polite” tone that can still get plenty aggressive when asked.
- Model: BN6
- Color: Antique Brown, Matte
- Body: Ash
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck: Maple, Satin
- Scale: 34.5"
- Nut Width: 2 1/8"
- Frets: 24
- Fretboard Radius: 10" - 16" Compound
- Headstock: Matching
- Pickups: F-Bass Hum-Cancelling Stacked Single-Coils
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume (p/p for coil-split), Tone (p/p for active/passive), Bass Boost, Mid Boost, Treble Boost
- Preamp: F-Bass 9v 3-Band EQ
- Bridge: Hipshot A-Style - 19mm String Spacing
- Tuners: Gotoh 20:1 Ratio
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Case: F-Bass Heavy Duty Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 10.7 lbs.