We couldn't be more excited to be carrying the Fender Aerodyne series! All you Fender enthusiasts out there know that Fender Japan's offerings are all absolutely stellar and have been right up there with the American stuff for decades now. This gorgeous Aerodyne Special J-Bass is no exception.
This one's in a beautiful Chocolate Burst finish. The rosewood fingerboard contrasted with the matching headstock and contrasting binding make the bass look more "refined" than a usual J, and the lack of pickguard gives the body an awesome minimalist, vintage-modern look. The exclusive Aerodyne pickups are just the right blend of vintage tone with some contemporary edge and clarity. Give this one a try if you're interested in an amazing modern variant of the J-Bass that's veers a little off the beaten path in all the best ways!
The Aerodyne Special Series offers a contemporary take on classic Fender designs. Distinctive aerodynamic lines, custom voiced pickups, state-of-the-art hardware, dazzling finishes, and unmistakable silhouettes combine to create instruments that are pure, purposeful, instantly familiar and radically new.
The Aerodyne Special Jazz Bass features a sleek new look with vibrant colors adorning the elegantly bound basswood body and the matching headcap. A modern “C” shape satin finished neck with 12” radius fingerboard ensures effortless playability, while newly designed vintage-voiced Jazz Bass pickups and a Babicz Z-Series FCH-4 bridge deliver a perfect balance of high-performance and classic Fender tone.
The made-in-Japan Aerodyne Special Jazz Bass inspires with futuristic style, premium appointments and exceptional tone. The bold and original designs that inspired generations live on in the Aerodyne Special series.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: Aerodyne
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: Chocolate Burst
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Binding: 1-Ply Cream
- Body Material: Basswood
- Headstock: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyester with Gloss Polyester Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: White
- Number of Frets: 20
- Truss Rod: Head Adjust
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge: Babicz Z-Series FCH-4 Bass
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Chrome Skirted
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Aerodyne Special Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Aerodyne Special Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case: Gig Bag