Few companies can honestly claim to have changed the world like we did when we created the Precision Bass in 1951. By making playing bass easily accessible, it helped musicians find their creative voice and create new forms of music. The American Original ‘50s Precision Bass updates the playability of this groundbreaking instrument while retaining the original sound and style that changed the world.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Single Pure Vintage ‘58 split-coil P Bass pickup
- Thick “C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; four-saddle bridge
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
PURE VINTAGE ‘58 P BASS® PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce authentic Fender sound.
THICK “C” NECK SHAPE
This Precision Bass features a thick “C”-shaped neck profile delivered straight from the ‘50s to your hands. Remarkably comfortable, it suits any playing style.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to add vibrato to your basslines.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '58 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Configuration: S
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Thick "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.73" (44 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Strings: Fender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Tweed Case