Fender American Original '60s Precision Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Hard Case - 3-Color Sunburst
By the 1960s, the Precision Bass was the workhorse electric bass; from the clubs of Detroit to the beaches of Southern California, its tone laid the foundation for modern music. The American Original ‘60s Precision Bass has all of the features with which the P Bass conquered the world of music elegantly simple, its sound, style and comfort are joined by modern playability.
The Pure Vintage ’63 P Bass split-coil pickup is as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. There’s no mistaking the powerful punch of this pickup that helped shape the sound of modern music. The thick “1963 C”-shaped neck profile gracefully fills the fret hand, while the 9.5”-radius fingerboard will feel familiar to any player. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
An updated take on the instrument that created the pop culture soundtrack of the 20th century, the American Original ‘60s Precision Bass is the best way to get original-era sound and style with today’s feel.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- Model Name : American Original '60s Precision Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
- Model # : 190120800
- Series : American Original
- Color : 3-Color Sunburst
- Body : Alder
- Body Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape : Precision Bass®
- Neck Material : Maple
- Neck Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape : "1963 C"
- Scale Length : 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard : Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius : 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets : 20
- Frets Size : Vintage Tall
- String Nut : Bone
- Nut Width : 1.73" (44 mm)
- Position Inlays : Vintage Clay Dot
- Truss Rods : Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Middle Pickup : Pure Vintage '63 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls : Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching : None
- Pickup Configuration : Split Single-Coil
- Bridge : 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish : Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines : Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Pickguard : 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Control Knobs : Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings : Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Dimensions : 6.25x18.25x51 IN
- Weight : 9 LBS