From the garage, to the local club, to the stadium/arena, this American Professional II Jazzmaster is the workhorse you've been looking for. This one is in a classic, 60s-style 3-Color Sunburst with a rosewood fretboard.
The Jazzmaster is an articulate and soulful guitar serving much more than just jazz guitarists, which was evident in the way things played out since its inception in the late 50s. Though it does lend itself incredibly well to big, round, warm jazz tones, the Jazzmaster can also get twangy and spanky, which is the quintessential surf rock sound of the 1960s and 70s. Add a little more overdrive and saturation and you'll start to hear what all the hype on these V-Mod II pickups is about. The pickups have a bit more power to them, which helps the tone of the guitar remain defined and articulate even when there's some fuzz or distortion being added to the mix.
The deep C shaped neck isn't too chunky, but definitely gives you something to hold onto while you're playing, so it doesn't feel like you have a toothpick for a guitar neck. The newly redesigned tremolo for the American Professional Jazzmaster series provides the vintage aesthetic, but make no mistake about it, there are improvements to this one which help give the guitar greater sustain as well as intonation reliability. You can really wail away on the tremolo without worrying about going out of tune, almost like a Strat trem, which is unheard of for a Jazzmaster.
This is an extremely versatile axe that can really cover just about any genre for you. This Jazz is going to take care of you for years and years to come, without a doubt!
The American Professional II Jazzmaster® draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Deep "C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Jazzmaster single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the sparkle and chime the Jazzmaster is known for. The bridge pickup has a tap function that allows both a powerful, throaty sound or a lower-output vintage sound. At the flip of a switch, the rhythm circuit puts both pickups in series for a thicker tone with increased output, controlled by independent volume and tone roller pots. The new Panorama™ Tremolo system with pop-in tremolo arm dramatically increases the range of vibrato available, allowing for deep, Strat-style dives, in addition to classic Jazzmaster warble.
The American Pro II Jazzmaster delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls
- (Slide Switch Up): Thumbwheel Volume and Tone Controls for Series Rhythm Mode
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Push/Push on tone control taps bridge pickup for vintage tone
- Bridge: 9.5” Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Panorama Tremolo System
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig: Bag Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Instrument Weight: 8.5 lbs