Here's Fender showing some love to the left-handed offset enthusiasts out there! From the garage, to the local club, to the stadium/arena, this American Professional II Jazzmaster is the workhorse you've been looking for. This one is gorgeous in a really pretty Mystic Surf Green color with a maple fretboard.
Jazzmaster is an articulate and soulful guitar serving much more than just jazz guitarists, which was evident in the way things played out since its inception in the late 50s. Though it does lend itself incredibly well to big, round, warm jazz tones, the Jazzmaster can also get twangy and spanky, which is the quintessential surf rock sound of the 1960s and 70s. Add a little more overdrive and saturation and you'll start to hear what all the hype on these V-Mod II pickups is about. The pickups have a bit more power to them, which helps the tone of the guitar remain defined and articulate even when there's some fuzz or distortion being added to the mix.
The deep C shaped neck isn't too chunky, but definitely gives you something to hold onto while you're playing, so it doesn't feel like you have a toothpick for a guitar neck. The newly redesigned tremolo for the American Professional Jazzmaster series provides the vintage aesthetic, but make no mistake about it, there are improvements to this one which help give the guitar greater sustain as well as intonation reliability. You can really wail away on the tremolo without worrying about going out of tune, almost like a Strat trem, which is unheard of for a Jazzmaster.
This is an extremely versatile axe that can really cover just about any genre for you. This Jazz is going to take care of you for years and years to come, without a doubt!
The American Professional II Jazzmaster Left-Hand draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Deep "C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Jazzmaster single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the sparkle and chime the Jazzmaster is known for. The bridge pickup has a tap function that allows both a powerful, throaty sound or a lower-output vintage sound. At the flip of a switch, the rhythm circuit puts both pickups in series for a thicker tone with increased output, controlled by independent volume and tone roller pots. The new Panorama Tremolo system with pop-in tremolo arm dramatically increases the range of vibrato available, allowing for deep, Strat-style dives, in addition to classic Jazzmaster warble.
The American Pro II Jazzmaster Left-Hand delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
- Two V-Mod II single-coil Jazzmaster pickups
- Panorama Jazzmaster tremolo with pop-in arm and bridge with brass Mustang saddles
- Deep "C”-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easier bending
- Series Mode Rhythm Circuit
- Includes Deluxe Molded hardshell case
V-MOD II PICKUPS
V-Mod II Jazzmaster pickups are voiced specifically for each position, slightly overwound for punch and presence, yet retaining vintage warmth and clarity. Activated by a push/push switch, the bridge pickup can be tapped for a sparkly, vintage-accurate tone.
NEW SCULPTED NECK HEEL
The rounded neck heel and beveled neck-plate improve access to the upper register and make leads easy and comfortable.
BRASS MUSTANG SADDLES & PANORAMA TREMOLO
Engineered for ultra-stable performance, the American Professional II Jazzmaster bridge/trem features brass Mustang saddles and a pop-in arm. The new saddles keep the strings where they belong, even when the bridge is pummeled, while the new Panorama tremolo dramatically increases the range of vibrato available, allowing for deep, Strat-style dives in addition to classic Jazzmaster warble.
DEEP “C” NECK PROFILE WITH ROLLED FINGERBOARD EDGES
Delivering both comfort and speed, the American Professional II Deep “C” neck profile is slim at the nut and fills out gradually as it approaches the neck joint to create a natural feel that’s perfect for chording and single note playing alike. The hand-rolled fingerboard edges provide a supremely comfortable feel.
At the flip of a switch, the rhythm circuit puts both pickups in series for a thicker tone with increased output, controlled by independent volume and tone roller pots. A push push tone pot taps the bridge pickup allowing both a powerful, throaty sound or a lower-output vintage sound.
Narrow-tall frets deliver a vintage feel with modern playability, especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Thumbwheel Volume and Tone Controls for Series Rhythm Mode
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Push/Push on tone control taps bridge pickup for vintage tone
- Bridge: 9.5” Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Panorama Tremolo System
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig: Bag Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs