The American Professional II Jazz Bass® Left-Hand draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Slim “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and clarity the Jazz Bass is known for.
The American Pro II Jazz Bass Left-Hand delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
- Two V-Mod II single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Slim “C”-shaped neck profile with rolled fingerboard edges
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Includes Deluxe Molded hardshell case
V-MOD II PICKUPS
V-Mod II Jazz Bass pickups are voiced specifically for each position, slightly overwound for punch and presence, yet retaining vintage warmth and clarity.
NEW SCULPTED NECK HEEL
The rounded neck heel and beveled neck-plate improve access to the upper register and make leads easy and comfortable.
HIMASS VINTAGE BRIDGE
This precision manufactured string-through or top load bridge adds sustain, resonance and improved attack thanks to a cold-rolled steel baseplate, high mass brass backstop, and chrome-plated brass saddles.
SLIM “C” NECK WITH ROLLED EDGES
The slim “C” features a 9.5” fingerboard radius, hand-rolled fingerboard edges and Super-Natural satin finish for a supremely comfortable playing feel.
POSIFLEX™ GRAPHITE RODS
All American Professional II bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations the environment. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.
An original-era Fender design element, a bone nut contributes to superior tone and performance. Many players consider bone nuts to be more “organic” sounding.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top-Load)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Strings Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Instrument Weight: 8.9 lbs