From the garage, to the local club, to the stadium/arena, this American Professional II Stratocaster HSS is the workhorse do-it-all Strat you've been looking for. Featuring a sleek, contemporary Dark Night finish over a classic alder body, this guitar marries Fender's vintage heritage with their own modern innovation. This classic instrument has been brought into the 21st century with all the features a working musician needs to succeed both in the studio and on stage.
This awesome Strat features a super-comfortable "Deep C" neck that feels reminiscent of a vintage-style neck, but is streamlined for much faster speed and playability. It also has an ultra-stable 2-point tremolo that combines the vintage tone of the classic bent steel saddles and cold-rolled steel tremolo block, but with much improved tuning stability.
The V-Mod II single-coil pickups are full of vintage tone while providing a bit more edge and punch. The difference is subtle, but effective in adding to the versatility of this classic design. The genius design of the Double Tap humbucker in the bridge not only gives you a humbucker to rock out at higher gains with, but also give you authentic split-coil tones with the push-push switch.
Whether you're after rich, creamy leads out of the neck pickup, signature Strat quack in the neck/middle position, or you're looking for high-octane rock overdrive out of the bridge, effortless yet classic Fender playability, this Strat is going to take care of you for years and years to come, without a doubt.
The American Professional II Stratocaster HSS draws from more than sixty years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Deep “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Stratocaster single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while retaining bell-like chime and warmth, while the Double Tap™ bridge pickup delivers punchy humbucking tones as well as calibrated single-coil sounds at the push of a button. An upgraded 2-point tremolo with a cold-rolled steel block increases sustain, clarity and high-end sparkle.
The American Pro II Stratocaster HSS delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Color: Dark Night
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Double Tap Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HSS
- Auxillary Switching: Push-Push Tone Controls Activate Double Tap™ Function
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles, Pop-In Tremolo Arm and Cold-Rolled Steel Block
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Black
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs