From the garage, to the local club, to the stadium/arena, this American Professional II Telecaster Deluxe is the workhorse Telecaster you've been looking for. This is not your run-of-the-mill American Pro II Tele - this is the humbucker-equipped Deluxe, a modern take on a model that initially rose to stardom in the 1970s. It's been brought into the 21st century with all the features a working musician needs to succeed both in the studio and on stage. This one's in a gorgeous Dark Night finish, which is one of the coolest colors Fender has brought out in recent years, along with a rosewood fretboard.
Equipped with a pair of V-Mod II Double Tap humbuckers, this guitar easily cops classic rock and modern rock tones, with a good amount of output that sing with great clarity in both positions. All Teles, even humbucker-equipped ones, sound great clean, but we just love how these pickups sound distorted. Definitively a classic humbucker tone, but so clear. The "Double Tap" coil-split function also helps this guitar approximate a regular Tele if needed. The Deluxe layout also allows greater control than the regular Tele layout, giving you individual volume and tone controls that really come in handy on stage. The neck shape is familiar and comfortable and the resonance of the guitar is impressive - Fender did a great job with mating neck to body on this series.
This Tele Deluxe is the modern indie and rock player's dream! It's going to take care of you for years and years to come, without a doubt.
The American Professional II Telecaster Deluxe's popular Deep “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Double Tap pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering full, punchy humbucking tones and robust single-coil split sounds. The “cut” 3-saddle top-load/string-through Tele bridge delivers classic Tele tone and feel with a stylishly sleek silhouette and flexible setup options, allowing you to tailor the tension and tone of each string to your liking.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model #: 0113960761
- Series: American Professional II
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Dark Night
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Custom "Cut-Off" Vintage-Style Tele Bridge with Compensated Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Black "Witch Hat"
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Double Tap Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Double Tap Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8 lbs