Fender showing some love to the lefties! From the garage, to the local club, to the stadium/arena, this American Professional II Telecaster is the workhorse Telecaster you've been looking for. This one comes in an ultra-slick Mystic Surf Green finish, a look that evokes the best of both vintage and modern. Under the hood, it's been brought into the 21st century with all the features a working musician needs to succeed both in the studio and on stage.
At the heart of the optimizations are the new V-Mod II pickups, which are full of vintage tone while still providing a bit more edge and punch. The difference is subtle, but effective in adding to the versatility of this classic design. The neck shape is familiar and comfortable and the resonance of the guitar is impressive - Fender did a great job with mating neck to body on this series.
Whether you're after rich, creamy leads out of the neck pickup or you're looking for sheer twang out of the bridge and effortless yet classic Fender playability, this Tele is going to take care of you for years and years to come, without a doubt.
The American Professional II Telecaster® Left-Hand draws from more than seventy years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Deep “C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Telecaster single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the twang, snap and snarl that made the Tele famous. The new top-load/string-through bridge with compensated “bullet” saddles is our most comfortable, flexible Tele bridge yet – retaining classic brass-saddle tone and providing excellent intonation and flexible setup options, allowing you to tailor the tension and tone of each string to your liking.
The American Pro II Telecaster Left-Hand delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
- Two V-Mod II single-coil Telecaster pickups
- New top-load/string-through Telecaster bridge with compensated brass “bullet” saddles
- "Deep C”-shaped neck profile with rolled fingerboard edges
- Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easy bending
- Treble bleed circuit maintains highs when reducing volume
- Includes Deluxe Molded hardshell case
V-MOD II PICKUPS
V-Mod II Telecaster pickups are voiced specifically for each position, creating a perfectly balanced tone with the vintage warmth and crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
NEW SCULPTED NECK HEEL
The rounded neck heel and beveled neck-plate improve access to the upper register and make leads easy and comfortable.
TOP-LOAD/STRING-THROUGH “BULLET” SADDLE TELE BRIDGE
The new Telecaster bridge sports compensated “bullet” brass barrel saddles for comfort, accurate intonation and vintage-informed tone. Strings can be top-loaded for reduced tension, resulting in a mellower twang and springy attack that’s perfect for rock n roll.
“DEEP C” NECK PROFILE WITH ROLLED FINGERBOARD EDGES
Delivering both comfort and speed, the American Professional II “Deep C” neck profile is slim at the nut and fills out gradually as it approaches the neck joint to create a natural feel that’s perfect for chording and single note playing alike. The hand-rolled fingerboard edges and Super-Natural satin finish provide a supremely comfortable feel.
A performance friendly push-push switch on the tone control activates series mode when both pickups are on, providing a fatter tone not normally found on a Tele.
ALDER OR ROASTED PINE
This guitar is available in either alder or roasted pine (on select colors). Alder is a classic Fender tonewood with a balanced sound perfect for almost any genre. Roasted pine is a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone – upgraded with our roasting treatment, greatly improving resonance.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Auxillary Switching: Push-Push Tone Control Activates Series Mode
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Top-Load/String-Through Tele® with Compensated Brass “Bullet” Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig: Bag Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs