Fender showing some love to the lefties! From the garage, to the local club, to the stadium/arena, this left-handed American Professional II Telecaster is the workhorse Telecaster you've been looking for. Right off the bat, it looks like a typical early-'60s Telecaster with the 3-Color Sunburst finish and rosewood fingerboard. But on a closer look and under the hood, it's been brought into the 21st century with all the features a working musician needs to succeed both in the studio and on stage. At the heart of the optimizations are the new V-Mod II pickups, which are full of vintage tone while still providing a bit more edge and punch. The difference is subtle, but effective in adding to the versatility of this classic design. The neck shape is familiar and comfortable and the resonance of the guitar is impressive, which may have something to do with being a very lightweight 7.6 lbs, which is a very good weight for an alder-bodied Telecaster.
Whether you're after rich, creamy leads out of the neck pickup or you're looking for sheer twang out of the bridge and effortless yet classic Fender playability, this Tele is going to take care of you for years and years to come, without a doubt.
The American Professional II Telecaster® draws from more than seventy years of innovation, inspiration and evolution to meet the demands of today’s working player.
Our popular Deep "C” neck now sports smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a newly sculpted neck heel for a supremely comfortable feel and easy access to the upper register. New V-Mod II Telecaster single-coil pickups are more articulate than ever while delivering the twang, snap and snarl that made the Tele famous. The new top-load/string-through bridge with compensated “bullet” saddles is our most comfortable, flexible Tele bridge yet – retaining classic brass-saddle tone and providing excellent intonation and flexible setup options, allowing you to tailor the tension and tone of each string to your liking.
The American Pro II Telecaster delivers instant familiarity and sonic versatility you’ll feel and hear right away, with broad ranging improvements that add up to nothing less than a new standard for professional instruments.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Orientation: Left-Handed
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White
- Side Dots: White
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck
- Configuration: SS
- Auxillary Switching: Push-Push Tone Control Activates Series Mode
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Top-Load/String-Through Tele® with Compensated Brass “Bullet” Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs