As premier Fender dealers, we're proud to bring you this Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass! This one's in a sweet "Ultraburst", which is a gorgeously refined take on the classic 3-Color Sunburst finish.
Elevating the J-Bass platform to new heights, this tasteful axe - adorned with high-end appointments like pearloid block inlays and binding on the rosewood fingerboard - features an intuitive new control layout with a redesigned preamp to allow you access to the finest of onboard tone-tweaking - and it looks awesome, as well!
As a spiritual successor to the "American Deluxe" series of past years, the Ultra J-Bass features a compound-radius fretboard, which makes high-register lead playing phenomenally comfortable, not to mention even easier laying down of tight rhythms and intricate grooves. The modern "D" neck profile fits your hand like a glove, making longer performances and sessions easier on your hands.
The Ultra Noiseless Vintage pickups offer signature Jazz Bass tone with zero compromises, and have the bonus of being hum-free - no more frustration on the gig or in the studio. These pickups with the new preamp cranks out simply awesome bass tones, and the bevy of controls on tap, including a mode that even allows you to switch to passive operation, makes dialing in your perfect sound effortless.
American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses for discerning players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone. The American Ultra Jazz Bass features a unique “Modern D” neck profile for hours of playing comfort, and the tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets means effortless action, while the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups and redesigned preamp provide endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional. This versatile, state-of-the-art instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights.
Other features include “F”-stamped lightweight vintage-paddle tuning machines with tapered shafts, chrome hardware and bone nut. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model Name: American Ultra Jazz Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Ultraburst
- Model #: 199020712
- Series: American Ultra
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Ultraburst
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex™
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Neck Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ (Toploaded)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings: Fender® 7250M Nickel-Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, .045-.105
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 9.3 lbs