We love it when Fender improves upon their legendary designs for the contemporary player, and are thus extremely excited to bring you this awesome American Ultra Strat, in a left-handed format for our Southpaw friends out there!
The "Texas Tea" finish on this one is extremely unique. It's really hard to explain... In photos, like the ones you see here, it looks almost black, but in person, it's a gorgeous metallic dark brown with an almost irridescent quality to it that seems to change based on the angle you look at it. It looks just like a flowing liquid in the way it seems to "move", which is where the color's name comes in.
As a spiritual successor to the "American Deluxe" series of old, the Ultra Stratocaster features a compound-radius fretboard, which makes high-register playing almost as comfortable as on a shredder-style guitar - an ease of playability that's a sweet contrast from the vintage vibe of the Strat. The neck profile is just so comfortable, making this an easy choice for a long jam session or gig.
The Ultra Noiseless pickups sound amazing and are super versatile. They give you classic Strat tone without the annoying single-coil hum, which comes in handy when you want to play higher-gain styles or on a noisy stage or studio with subpar lighting or power filtering. Push the S-1 switch on the volume knob to be able to cop pickup combinations (like neck + bridge) that a regular Strat is simply incapable of reaching.
If you want a true American-made Fender Stratocaster with timeless looks that also innovates and takes an already-great platform to the next level, check out this American Ultra!
The American Ultra Stratocaster Left-Hand features a unique “Modern D” neck profile with Ultra rolled fingerboard edges for hours of playing comfort, and the tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets means effortless and accurate soloing, while the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups and advanced wiring options provide endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional, and the S-1 switch adds the neck pickup in switch position 1 and 2. This versatile, state-of-the-art instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights.
Other features include sealed locking tuning machines, chrome hardware and bone nut. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
- Model Name: American Ultra Stratocaster® Left-Hand, Maple Fingerboard, Texas Tea
- Model #: 118132790
- Series: American Ultra
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Texas Tea
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Ultra Satin Urethane with Gloss Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1™ Switch), Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Aged White Soft Touch Knobs
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case: Hard Case
- Instrument Weight: 8.4 lbs