As premier Fender dealers, we're beyond excited to offer this 1954 Precision Bass reissue in a beautiful Vintage Blonde from the new American Vintage II line! The new American Vintage II series brings back the original "American Vintage Reissue (AVRI)" of old with improved upon pickup design, more accurate neck shapes, and other period-correct specs. A lot of us here at the shop grew up lusting after those guitars and basses and we're glad to finally get these into our hands years later.
Coinciding with the release of the Strat in 1954, the P-Bass began its transition into the legendary instrument we know and love around this time. It moved away from a Tele-esque look and gained the comfy contours of the Strat. This is truly a no-nonsense, stellar player. The '54 C neck shape is a thicker C profile that fill the hand and has an unmistakable "fight" to it. You'll definitely get the full vintage experience navigating this bad boy, and playing it is an absolutely rewarding experience.
The Pure Vintage '54 pickup is pure Fender power. This single-coil design preceded the split-coil configuration that came later and has all the iconic tone found on countless records of the era. With the swamp ash body and maple neck, it provides a very balanced tone with the right amount of both low-mid thump and cut.
If you want a faithful reissue of an early spec P-Bass and a piece of Fender history, this AVRI II 1954 model is the real deal!
The Precision Bass, the world’s first electric bass, represents one of the most important developments in music history. For the first time, bass players had access to a portable, precisely intonated, amplified instrument. As stated by the legendary Quincy Jones, the Fender bass was “…the one technological breakthrough that changed music forever.”
Although it initially shared many design cues with the Telecaster, such as an oversized Tele headstock, slab body and chrome control plate, by 1954, the P-Bass had been updated with the same sweeping curves and contoured edges of the newly launched Stratocaster. The American Vintage II 1954 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original and is offered in two colors over ash: Vintage Blonde and 2-Color Sunburst mated to a single-ply white pickguard.
Other key features include a substantial ‘54 “C”-shape maple neck with a 7.25” radius fingerboard and vintage tall frets. The Pure Vintage 2-saddle bridge with fiber saddles, reverse open-gear tuners, finger rest and '54 Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup deliver classic Fender thump and style.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Series: American Vintage II
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Color: Vintage Blonde
- Country Of Origin: US
- Headstock: Original Precision Bass Shape
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1954 "C"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Number of Frets: 20
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.70" (43.2 mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body Material: Ash
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 2-Saddle Precision Bass with Fiber Saddles, Serialized
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Bridge Mounting: 3-Screw Vintage-Style Hard-Tail
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- Strings: Fender USA 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound (.045-.100 Gauges), PN 0739050403
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '54 Single-Coil Precision
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Instrument Weight: 9.1 lbs